Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Burfords Exxon - Richmond West End

Old 02-24-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sandfrog has disabled reputation
Burfords Exxon - Richmond West End

Cliff notes -
2/10 Stars
Dumbass mechanics and shitty customer service. Don't know about repair quality.

The only reason I didn't give these guys 1 star is because I can imagine worse. The number one reason I give them 2 is due to customer service. I work I on my own cars, and the only reason I went here was to have an inspection. Simple enough, right? Well, first they fail my inspection because my tie-rod was "loose". So after the mechanic there showed me it "move", he tells me he can't allow it to pass (after further inspection at home, I the tie rod was NOT loose). Then, after I out right told him that I just put a new head gasket on my car myself, he has the nerve to try and charge me $150 for a tie-rod and that's without labor. So I went home, bought a tie-rod from Autozone for $30, and replaced in in 1 hour. Went back again and even though they were suppose to be open until 7, they closed an hour early. Because they wanted to I guess? They never had a clear excuse. I can't really go to many other places because I get off work at 6, and most mechanics close at the same time. So I make sure the next day they will be open until their normal hours so I can get re-inspected. I get there, and they pull my car right in (that's only positive thing about it all) and they immediately tell me I need to take it back home and put my cut out back on. A cut out is a plate on my exhaust that when taken off, makes it louder (I have a "muscle" car). This plate takes a wopping 30 seconds to put on. It's 3 wing nuts that hold a plate on. I asked them to put it on and they said no (even though they will be putting it on an air lift to re-inspect the tie rods). I should've gave them $2 for labor to just put it back on. I guess they wanted to go home, or they just wanted to give poor service, I don't know what it was. So now I have to go home, jack my car back up, put the cut out back on, then go back tomorrow because that day they were already closed. Needless to say I'm going somewhere else for the inspection. That's my experience. I don't know much about their repair service, but their customer service is poor, and that's the nice way of putting it.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:50 AM
Full-time New Guy

Scottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud ofScottyk6 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Burfords Exxon - Richmond West End

I heard that if you fail your inspection somewhere, you can't take your vehicle to another place to get inspected until you pass inspection at the place you failed it. But of course, next inspection you can go wherever.

Hope things finally work out. My inspection is next month and I'm kind of scared about it, haha.
Old 02-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered member

AznXstazy has disabled reputation

ya think that placed failed my friend for rack and pinion "play" from what i saw on the paper. i took a look and it was fine... was this the place on broad and hungry springs?
Old 02-26-2009, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

why would you go for an inspection with your cutout plate off?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:16 PM
cheeseburger

b16pwrcrx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
why would you go for an inspection with your cutout plate off?
lol, matt what are you doing? hows the real job thing working out
Old 02-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Scottyk6
I heard that if you fail your inspection somewhere, you can't take your vehicle to another place to get inspected until you pass inspection at the place you failed it. But of course, next inspection you can go wherever.

Hope things finally work out. My inspection is next month and I'm kind of scared about it, haha.
If your car is rejected for something you can take it to another shop, but will have to pay full price for the inspection. If you fix whatever is wrong and take it back to the same shop you only have to pay $1 instead of another $16 you'd spend going to another shop.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Sandfrog has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by AznXstazy
ya think that placed failed my friend for rack and pinion "play" from what i saw on the paper. i took a look and it was fine... was this the place on broad and hungry springs?
Yep, same place.