Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

Brauning Automotive

Old 03-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Yu liKe Dat Ass HuH?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude civic_dude
Default Re: Brauning Automotive

Originally Posted by idrivetoys
are you referring to hitting him or giving it to him to drink?
LMAO!
Old 05-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Word..aight then!

ISUZUPERFORMA is an unknown quantity at this point

I have mixed feels about the Braunings. Some good & some bad. I will say one event that stands out was when one of them (dont remember which one but maybe Mark) worked at a garage in front of Spotsylvania Mall years ago & one of my rear brake cylinders on my GSi Storm was leaking. I pulled in there & got a reasonable quote to take care of it, as my car's brakes were not working properly so couldn't really just go home & fix it. Long story short, most of your should be familiar with the 3 triangle symbol that is on some types of wheel cylinders or maybe even other OEM type parts. LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A MITSUBISHI SIGN. They tried to tell me my car had some custom brake parts from a Mitsubishi & wanted to charge me an astronomical amount for a wheel cylinder. To keep from laughing in his face I told him to give me a few minutes to think....called a buddy & had a $15-$20 wheel cylinder brought over to my rescue. With the same 3 triangle symbol on it that was listed for my GSi.... :-l (Now after saying all of that, Mark Brauning's garage many years later in Colonia Beach did awesome work on my buddies turbo Honda.....so maybe if you have a Honda you then get the service that all others want...I guess)
Old 05-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

eddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these parts

well heres my take on this subject.I have been working in a totally honda/acura oriented shop for the last six years and as many of you know the dreaded bolt break is almost to be expected in da's/ef's.if none of you know for sure how much of a dick it is to fix this problem then maybe you should try and fix it sometime and then you will see why it usually runs so much.the biggest pproblem is that 99 percent of the time the lca has to come off and more than likely the bushing will have to be replaced which I cant remember right off the top of my head how much that is but usually its like 30 to 40 dollars per bushing and then figure in removal and installation time on the lca and you get kinda up there in price.not completely sure how much theyu charged you but it can get expensive.just a thought on the matter
Old 05-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy

Fife.... why didnt you call me? Im like a min from brauning auto. You could have came to see me and ol' zoldak over @ nissan, got the bolt for you for like 1/2 the price, and put it in for like nothing.... No problem.

As for my opinion on this, if the tech decides he needs a lift to do the job, and it takes him 2 hours for parts and time working on the car, thats his fault. He should charge an hour AT THE MOST, after seeing how much has to be done to get the bolt out. I dont see how a shop goes, does the job, doesnt get your premission to even do the job for XXX.XX$, then hands you a bill.. thats fuck'd.

eddiesauto- you in stafford on courthouse? Either that place is SLAMMED everytime I have been, or you all are just slow as fuck.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

eddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these partseddiesauto is infamous around these parts

first of all you dumb dick(snoopy)wrong eddies auto.im in richmond and jdmb16crx knows me well and it does not always only take an hour to get one of those bolts out as I already said once before many times you have to press the whole bushing out and then press a new one in and also it does not work like that when a car is on the lift and they call and say what needs tobe fixed and the guy sayd do it then you would not put the wheels back on and roll the car out to wait for the part.that would be dumb and extra work but whatever im not gonna debate this cause shops do it all differently and the only thing I dont agree with for what brauning automotive sports did that I feel was wrong if they did do this is they should have givin the guy the price before they fixed and if he did not want to do it then charge him a fee for shop use and tech time like 35 or 40 dollars as any mechanic will tell you time is money and someone had to do the work to figure out what it would take
Old 05-25-2008, 03:06 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

eddiesauto snoopy def. stated AT MOST an hour should have been charged to the customer. so calm down jesus.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:04 PM
*Mr. Boosty Pants*

JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX JDMB16CRX

Reguardless, it only took the tech 15-20 mins to get the broken bolt out "seeing as he's a honda enthusiast also" and also the tech has a bushing of his own that was provdied seeing as myself and Idrivetoys are both friends w/ the tech he hooked it up. It was the owner Paul Brauning who came up w/ the number figure and raped him on the price. I have seen this done numerous times, where one of the techs would find/fix the car in 15-20 mins, leave the car on the rack in the air to make it look like there still tryin to find the problem and then hit the customer w/ 2 hours Labor/Diagnostic fee's. And there is no affliation between the automotive shop "located RT3 spotsy mall and 208 ct. house road" and the Colonial Beach shop Brauning Motorsports.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

well spoken ryan your a true champ hahahah lol you sell the rex or you keeping it now
Old 05-29-2008, 09:15 PM
Registered Member

Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy

eddiesauto, chill the fuck out. As for the comment:: ""as any mechanic will tell you time is money and someone had to do the work to figure out what it would take"", I am a mechanic by trade, I get paid shit warrenty times and gravy cod work every day, you dont have to tell me. As for most ppl in the trade, they dont know jack shit about the car or problem till they see it (esp in a independent shop..). Not everyone in a shop tears down hondas every day, jdmb16crx does, he knows how to do it in no time = getting paid for an X.X hour(s), doing it in 10 mins = making money (or whoever got paid for it) you get the point.

As for his comment on the owner's act of charging him 2 hours, thats fucked no matter how you look at it, bad business owner.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:55 PM
O.G

JdmB16SIR2 has disabled reputation

Word!!

Quick Reply: Brauning Automotive