Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

{VB} TNT Tinting

Old 01-06-2009, 04:46 AM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Thumbs down {VB} TNT Tinting

OK, so this is gonna be a little long but I thought I would share this with the rest of the 757 on these boards.

I got the windows tinted in my wife's 08 camry about 2 months ago at TNT. I got it 35% front windows, 25% back windows and 25% rear windshield. I signed the form stating that I knew it was illegal in VA so there was no confusion that I knew about it.

5 days later, when it was supposed to be safe to roll the windows down and all the bubbles were supposed to be out, i took a good look around the car and found that only 2 windows out of 5 )rear windshield and drivers window) were without bubbles and the passenger window peeled after I rolled it down and tried to put it back up. I took it back to them and the guy apologized and they fixed it that day. After 5 more days, the windows were fine.

On December 7th, I got pulled over at the oceanfront and the police officer stuck his window tint gauge thingy on my windows and saw it was illegal. I got a ticket and went about my business. SO after a couple of heated debates, my wife and I decided we didnt want to take the risk and get them re-done with VA legal tint.

SO my wife makes an appointment to take the car up 2 weeks ago. They re-did the windows, charged my wife $200.00 for 50% front, 35% rear and said since they werent re-doing the back windshield, they would give her $20 off.

Last night we went up to the 2nd precinct and asked for the officer who gave us the ticket (he told us if we fixed it, he would tear the ticket up and dismiss it) to have him test the windows to get this thing over with. My front windows tested 45% (STILL illegal) and my back windows tested EXACTLY the same as they did when we got pulled over (21%).

Te whole point of this story is they scammed my wife into thinking they re-did all the windows when clearly they didn't even touch the rears. I am headed on my way there in 30 minutes to get my money back. If any of you guys go to TNT (which I highly discourage) please keep a watchful eye on what you are paying for.

Hope this helps someone save some money and a headache.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Banned

UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: {VB} TNT Tinting

I wish you would have asked me about this place before you went there.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:59 AM
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

if you look on here before you went you would of never went.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:02 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by jebsurf
I wish you would have asked me about this place before you went there.
Originally Posted by l0uiE|3oy
if you look on here before you went you would of never went.

I searched for a thread but couldnt find one a few minutes ago, thats why i made this one.....

Also, I got the windows done before I registered unfortunately.

Where can I go in VB that does a good job with tint that will do it for a good job and the right way?
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 AM
posted on da block

l0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud ofl0uiE|3oy has much to be proud of

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/show...&highlight=tnt

post nine

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
bullshit, the shops ive worked at never leave water and soap all over everything, tnt is the biggest rip off ever, i took my car there a few years ago and actually had to take the bastards to court to get them to replace the CUSTOM WHITE LEATHER they ruined when they did a strip and re-tint. i will never tell anyone to go there EVER.im not complaining about the quality of the tint job because it wasnt that bad but for 280 dollars i expected them to be a little more considerate of peoples stuff.i had foot prints all over my leather and the soapy water turned it yellow and it never came out.

just scroll through.

Last edited by l0uiE|3oy; 01-06-2009 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:42 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

dude that sucks furreal. Hell they better redo all the windows for free now, and legal VA tint.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

TNT did a fantastic job on my Z06.... however I had the glass out and took it to them. Plus the owner of Auto Elite who was painting my car hooked me up w/ the owner of TNT. I'm taking the tint off becuase I've come to realize I don't like dark tint, but the quality is perfect. They took the time to sand down the dot matrix on my rear glass to get the tint to adhere and not bubble up.

Here are some pics:

I used Atlantic Shoreline for my truck's front windows and they did a good job, but the work had to be re-done on both sides. Turns out my outer belt trim is much higher than the door panel on the inside. So when they traced the tint out on the outside of the truck then installed it on the inside it didn't cover to the bottom of the glass. It ended up peeling up from putting the window up/down. They re-did it for free w/o any questions and gave me a free bottle of tint safe glass cleaner for my troubles.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:45 AM
NAZI mod

***UPDATE***

Just got back.

I told the owner that they either fixed for free the RIGHT way, or we go to court.

He fixed ALL 4 windows on the spot.

I made sure that they were all fixed right, nothing was messed up and proceeded to let him know that if I had to come up there again for ANY reason, there would be a court date.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

damn.
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 AM
NAZI mod

Cobra4B, those look great!

I know that all places have ups and downs, and I don't want people who have had a good experience with them to second-guess themselves.

In the end, everything turned out fine, the owner wasnt rude or upset (at me at least, he yelled at some guy for not touching the rear windows like he was supposed to) and it got fixed.

I just want to remind people that its always best to look out for these kind of things

Quick Reply: {VB} TNT Tinting