Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

[VA Beach] Browning's Starter and Alternator

Old 04-25-2009, 11:12 AM
cosmos metallic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mpow3r has disabled reputation
Thumbs up [VA Beach] Browning's Starter and Alternator

First of all before you read any more. These guys are really good guys, don't waste your time calling anyone else to do your starter or alternator.

My wife's starter started going out and it would take her 10 or 20 tries sometimes to get the car to crank. Now on most cars a starter isn't that big of an issue but on a E36 series BMW it is a total nightmare. I am not loaded so I started looking into doing it myself like everything else, and found that the only way to do it was to either remove the intake manifold or remove the transmission just to get to the starter. Either way is a pain in the ass. I called around and got a few quotes to do it. They ranged between $353 and $527 dollars to do it. I called up Browning and they quoted me at $191! I couldn't believe it, because I know a new starter costs about $170 at best. So $21 dollars for what I know is going to take them about 4-5 hours and a few bloody knuckles at least sounds like a STUNNING deal.

They gave me a writen quote and stuck to it for a hell of alot less than anyone else in town.
I haven't taken the time to ever write a vendor review before but these are some guys that I will do nothing but paise everywhere I can. I'd read a few other posts on other forums talking about them, now I know why.

Long story short again. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME GOING ANYWHERE ELSE FOR STARTERS OR ALTERNATORS, GOTO BROWNING'S!

1736 Independence Blvd
Virginia Beach, VA 23455
(757) 460-1018
Old 04-25-2009, 07:43 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: [VA Beach] Browning's Starter and Alternator

+1 for this i get alt and starters rebuilt through brownings all the time and we never have them fail
Old 04-25-2009, 07:46 PM
has a huge dong

VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER VB2NER

i am glad you posted this

i need to call them and didn't have their number, lol. They will be rebuilding my alternator in the very near future
Old 04-26-2009, 05:36 AM
cosmos metallic

mpow3r has disabled reputation

You could tell the guy felt afterwards like he had misquoted me at $190 bucks because that job, which I knew was a total pain in the ass if you didn't remove the intake manfold or transmission, but he still got the job done for what he said he'd do it for. I doubt he will quote anyone at that price ever again though for those cars, but he was a man of his word. That is hard to find in a world of "stealer"ships and shady shops.
Old 05-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Registered Member

Tundradrenalin is an unknown quantity at this point

+1 for their rep. Brownings rebuilt my old VW alt. Price was right, hundreds cheaper than the alternative. (a new alternator)
Old 05-22-2009, 08:05 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

They did my alt way back when i had my heep, and even built me a spash shield.