Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

[757] THE PARTS HOUSE

Old 04-18-2006, 01:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
[757] THE PARTS HOUSE

Alright. Well I had purchased an ECU for my B16 CRX a while ago. Well I had figured it should work you know, since it was new well "used". Well I put it in my car, VTEC didn't work so I was like alright. Maybe it's just the wiring. Mind you, they did the swap. They did an alright job on the outside of the motor but I must say, They could have done better. Well Last night, I said fuck it. I knew VTEC worked because I hooked a "power Probe" directly to 12volts and gave my car vtec at 5200RPMs. It was alot faster than before. I could really feel the difference. Well I was like hmm. My ecu obviously isn't sending a signal to the VTEC solenoid to power it on. I had no check engine lights, or nothing.

Well I said Hmm. Juni, Lets try my ecu in your EF. So, We try it in his, and well it's doing the same thing it did in my car. NO VTEC, And rev limited at 7200 RPMS!!!! So I was like damn. Well we tried his ECU in my CRX and well guess what? VTEC works, as well as It fully revs out. So I, Don't have a problem anywhere in my car then. Either the ECU I have is fucked, or some one just wrote B16a on it and slapped a PR3 sticker on it, which it kinda looks like they did.

I don't know if parts house got shafted or if I did.

I'm kinda in between with the parts house. It's iffy. Just how messy my wiring is but then again, I didn't actually have THEM do the swap, the previous owner did....

Just a little something, I guess?
Old 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____
Default Re: THE PARTS HOUSE

I would call em up man. We deal with em on the daily and have never had any problems with em. Im sure you guys could work somthing out.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Panda

FiRe_OpTiKzİ

hell i went there today to see karl , and he gave me a great deal on a change out of springs compared to millenium, and said he could do it friday before i left for HIN.. i guess you just have to take i back and show him it doesnt work in your car, im pretty sure he could help you out.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:11 PM
Banned

I don't got the reciept and it's been quite a few months. Just finally figured out what the problem was. Like I said, I don't know if I got shafted or if some one scammed the part's house.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:33 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Yeah give them a call man. They are good guys and we've never had a problem with him.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ritz
Yeah give them a call man. They are good guys and we've never had a problem with him.
I just tried they said it's been to long and that there's no way in telling if my car fried it or damaged it, etc...So I guess umm. I'm buying another one?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: [757] THE PARTS HOUSE

i <3 parts house.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Banned

I love them too. Well sorta. They give good price's and I have seen some nice work. I guess it's like everyother business, there's alway's a few bad things that happen?
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 PM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

The shop seems a little shady, but me and my friends have never had a problem with their parts, I've heard rumors about the shop; but from what I've seen, no problems.

For what it's worth, me and my friends have bought a 1) hatchback with full interior/suspension/motor/brakes and wheels from a integra 2)ecus 3)body parts for cars 4)suspension parts. I rocked a sticker on my car from them.

None have been bad deals. to parts house.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
R U SeRiOUS?

Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta Lord_Vegeta
Thumbs up Re: [757] THE PARTS HOUSE

I also had the Parts House put on my suspension and they did it for an affordable price and the work was great. They seem pretty trustworthy and good people. I recommend them!

Quick Reply: [757] THE PARTS HOUSE