Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

VMSC Autox, March 21st official thread

Old 03-17-2004, 12:36 AM
co driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default VMSC Autox, March 21st official thread

I know there's another thread out there, but for you newbies, this is how we did it last year, so there's not 20 threads about the same autox.

anyways, the main reason i'm putting this up here is for the official meeting point for us in tidewater that are heading to VMP.

if you would like to go together, there is a gas station right when you get on 460.

Basically, you are going west on 58, then you take the "460 Petersburg" exit. As soon as you merge onto 460, and exxon is on the right. there is also a truck stop there as well. This is the place. I usually get there around 7:15, get some gas, a drink, and then leave at 7:30.

if you plan on meeting me, and whoever else decides to go. post it up!
~dave
Old 03-17-2004, 01:12 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default Re: VMSC Autox, March 21st official thread

Dave PM me your cell # I think I know where you are talking about
Old 03-17-2004, 02:41 PM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

*scratches head*

Why would I meet anyone less than a mile from VMP if we're all coming from Tidewater?

Old 03-17-2004, 09:30 PM
Mad Scientist

WRXRacer111 is an unknown quantity at this point

Andy= FIRED from the peanut gallery for that one

PS- got your HTPM... no used-WRX guides I can think of. A few problem areas to check out are the A/C condensor (make sure A/C works, large rocks tend to take out the condensor) 2nd and 3rd gear synchros can be a problem on really early or abused 02s, Kiko Seibt's were trashed at like 20k miles or something. If you're able to pull the tranny oil drain plug, do that and check for large pieces of metal. A light amount of filings are fine, chunks are bad (duh) but that'll give you a vague idea on the history of the tranny. Rear strut tops tend to wear somewhat rapidly when stock springs are run with shocks with boatloads of bump. Don't ask how I know this...
Old 03-21-2004, 05:25 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

well, i had a fun time today. by the 4th run, i was back in the swing of things. best time being a 62.7XX. i'm not in the best mood right now due to the complex thing inside females' heads, so, i'm out.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:23 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

I was able to get it down to a 62.0???, but Ed and Terry were very fast (61.5?? for Ed and 60.8 for Terry). On a smaller course the gap would not have been so large. 60 seconds is alot of time to make mistakes. I figure for every corner I was on the brakes 1 tenth to early and on the gas 1 tenth too late was time left on course. Oh well its a learning experince. Hey I didnt spin on my first run

My confidence is coming back. Like I ever had any but the car felt good, its just time to work on the nut behind the wheel.

Thanx to Ed, Andy, Terry and the rest who kept pushing me and giving me great advice.

Sorry I couldnt help you out more Leo but I will ride with you at the next event. Also sorry for the bum rap you got on the ride home Dave...

Michael

Last edited by vbspec; 03-22-2004 at 04:26 AM.
Old 03-22-2004, 06:00 AM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks again for letting me drive your car, Dave. Once I got used to it, it was pretty fun to drive. If you decide to buy springs, I eagerly anticipate how fast it'll be then!

Thanks, WRXSpeedRacer... Good info.

Vbspec, I was impressed you pulled out the 62.0. No one in STS this year will have a cake walk.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:43 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

VMSC laid out a good event. Not the best, but far from the worst. It could have been a wee bit faster and flowed a bit better. Still, I was at the top of second (mid 60ish mph), so it was fast enough.

Good showing by the local guys, finishing better than most/all of the competition. Hope it was worth the trip.

...Waiting for ACU-4...

Ed
Old 03-22-2004, 03:00 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

Ed you guys were in the mid 60's holy crap I topped out 2nd and was only around mid 50's. Thats where you guys got me... Yeah thats the ticket...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Michael
Old 03-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

It'll do 67 in second.

I drove so loose out there that that's probably the only place (the long straight) I may have pulled ahead.

Ed

Quick Reply: VMSC Autox, March 21st official thread