Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

VIR this weekend. (sept 20/21)

Old 09-14-2003, 03:59 PM
Large Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
phooka has disabled reputation
Default VIR this weekend. (sept 20/21)

anybody local going? calvin (roadracer) and i are instructing at VIR this weekend.. barring the suckass weather.. it is looking promosing to be clear by t he weekend according to the current track.. of course i might not have a house anymore.. but hey..

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories...91403-11am.jpg
Old 09-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

I will be there, weather permiting. Don't know what group I will be in. I got moved up to group 3 two events ago before I signed up for this event in group 2. I let them know this but I bet I will still be in group 2. I am looking forward to this event no matter what group. Lots of track time from what I hear. Should be fun. Pray the weather doesn't hit this area to badly. My wife is tough but going to a track event while a Cat 5 Hurrican is hitting us just is not in the cards.
Old 09-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Large Member

it is looking good so far.. assuming the area isn't devestated thursdayish or so.. i'll just get real wet packing the trailer. :-/
Old 09-14-2003, 06:13 PM
I Race Cars

solo2cvc is an unknown quantity at this point

Which organization is running this event?
Old 09-14-2003, 10:47 PM
Large Member

mazdadrivers.com
Old 09-15-2003, 04:20 AM
Instructor

racerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the roughracerns is a jewel in the rough

I am/was going too but I don't hold out much hope for this weekend. If the storm keeps on the current track and force the devistation to this area is going to be unbelievable. This won't be like any other storm that has come through the area in hundreds of years. I would guess that there will be flooding out in the Danville area from the storm too.

Where in VA Beach do you live, check out this site to see if you will be underwater just from the storm surge. http://www.hremc.org/surge.htm
Old 09-15-2003, 05:48 AM
Large Member

according to noaa it will be out of here by thursday evening. headed north.. i believe we still have a chance at a dry weekend at VIR. of course i might have to stay home and fix my house.. but.. i will try to remain optimistic until i don't have a roof anymore.

dale
Old 09-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

Originally posted by phooka
i will try to remain optimistic until i don't have a roof anymore.

dale
I am trying my best to adopt the same attitude. If it misses us by 50 miles we will be OK. What worries me the most is that tidal surge. If we get more then 15 feet my house is in trouble. Most of Hampton goes under water at 7 feet. Hard to imagine really.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:42 AM
Mr. Inconspicuous

Things are looking up a little. It might be raining at the event if the storm hits to far south of us but I could care less about a little bit of wet track.
Old 09-16-2003, 06:23 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am still worried, but taking a positive attitude. I worked my ass of to get to this event. I have had all sorts of family related crap going on, and I had to do an engine swap on my car to be able to go. After all that damned work, staying up late, etc. If the storm makes it so we can't go I will be pissed. I have to admit that my family comes first. Depending on what damage may be done here, depends on if I am going to be there or not.

Mazdadrivers.com has event status updates ever few hours. So far the event is still on. Hope we don't have to clear oak tree limbs first thing after we get there.

Quick Reply: VIR this weekend. (sept 20/21)