Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

unregistered track car

Old 07-02-2007, 04:27 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default unregistered track car

I thought Id ask drag this question first before I started to dig threw Virginia laws. Is it legal to have an unregistered car that isnt going to be driven on the street, and used for track purposes only? my brother( a know it all marine) said it was illegal. And if it is legal, will the event organizers care if it isnt?
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Re: unregistered track car

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
I thought Id ask drag this question first before I started to dig threw Virginia laws. Is it legal to have an unregistered car that isnt going to be driven on the street, and used for track purposes only? my brother( a know it all marine) said it was illegal. And if it is legal, will the event organizers care if it isnt?

Event organizers only care if the care the car is safe and passes tech inspection.

As far as VA, I'm not sure. I think it has to be out of view from the street, like in a garage or in a back yard. I guess it depends on the law enforcement in the area. If it's a Porcshe, probably not. A Honda, you might get a ticket on the windshield.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Event organizers only care if the care the car is safe and passes tech inspection.

As far as VA, I'm not sure. I think it has to be out of view from the street, like in a garage or in a back yard. I guess it depends on the law enforcement in the area. If it's a Porcshe, probably not. A Honda, you might get a ticket on the windshield.
word. yeah its going to be a back yard or garage. thanks though
Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Registered Member

ParanoidAndroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea, it's illegal to have an unregistered car within view of the street. As long as its out of sight it should be fine.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:20 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
Yea, it's illegal to have an unregistered car within view of the street. As long as its out of sight it should be fine.
so if it stays covered and outta view, i dont have to worry about having it registered correct? and what if im towing it to the track and i get pulled over? does anyone know if they would run the vin on it?
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

lostmenoggin can only hope to improve

i seriously doubt it, unless there was a report of a similiar car being stolen in the area. i had a 91 240sx that had no title and i tracked it at a few events until i put it in the wall at vir and had no problems whatsoever with the fuzz.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:40 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Originally Posted by lostmenoggin
i seriously doubt it, unless there was a report of a similiar car being stolen in the area. i had a 91 240sx that had no title and i tracked it at a few events until i put it in the wall at vir and had no problems whatsoever with the fuzz.
damn thats shitty to hear. im actully getting my 240 registered tomorrow, but i was thinking about buying a car and just track it, and not worry about fuckin up the daily
Old 07-02-2007, 06:42 PM
what you lookin at?

s13nnva23 has disabled reputation

i have looked up the code for registering a vehicle and it says nothing about it being illegal but i do know that you would have to do something regarding personal property tax.....just hide it under a car cover.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:49 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Originally Posted by s13nnva23
i have looked up the code for registering a vehicle and it says nothing about it being illegal but i do know that you would have to do something regarding personal property tax.....just hide it under a car cover.
hiding under a car cover only works for so long... thats why im finally geting the vert registered, city threatened to tow it away
Old 07-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

lostmenoggin can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
damn thats shitty to hear. im actully getting my 240 registered tomorrow, but i was thinking about buying a car and just track it, and not worry about fuckin up the daily
thats the way to do it. plus having a dedicated track car will allow you more freedom with modifications.

Quick Reply: unregistered track car