VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/trackdaze-vir-full-nov-15-16-a-367508/)

JETSWU87 10-18-2010 06:39 PM

Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16

www.trackdaze.com

VIR Full event, 4 30min sessions a day. Monday-Tuesday, usually good turnouts but not completely slam packed like nasa events. This is where a lot of us got our DE starts, great group to run with.

I believe most of the normal all aspects crew is attending to mess around with setups and well just relax. Who doesn't love VIR? Ever since running TT, normally 10min or so hot laps...i can't imagine doing 30min. Should be fun.

I'm sure Jon will chime in, and if you do Jon how full is registration right now?

getfast 10-18-2010 06:42 PM

Re: Trackdaze VIR Full Nov 15-16

I'll be there! On one hand I can't wait because TD @ VIR is always fun, on the other hand it's the last event of the season. ;-/

Not full yet. Current reg list: https://www.trackdaze.com/index2.php...ttendees&did=5

Broke Neck 10-18-2010 07:29 PM

Ill be there. Intermediate group has a handful of miatas .... may actually be damn fun to run with a pack of cars instead of two or three.

shawn22 10-18-2010 07:30 PM

I should be there.

quick26 10-20-2010 06:02 AM

i am still debating it. after talking with keanan, there are a few more parts i need to purchase. can anyone get me a copy of the check list off of the web site? i figured there was no need in registering on the site if i am still unsure on an event.

getfast 10-20-2010 06:09 AM

Which check list, the tech form? It's in the event packet

https://www.trackdaze.com/images/eve...t%20packet.pdf

quick26 10-20-2010 06:17 AM

thanks.

Broke Neck 10-20-2010 09:24 AM

Sean - you should def. come .... you think you had fun at driftwater (other than your motor :( ) Get on VIR. By far my fav. (not knocking driftwater whatsoever you cant beat the price or how close it is)

Put a good pad on the car and some decent tires and come on. Youve go a month.

Axelerate 10-20-2010 09:32 AM

If I get a motor I'll be there. Kinda motivated. We'll see.

I might have to organize a e30 motor swapping party.

quick26 10-20-2010 09:32 AM

i want to replace my brake lines as the ones on there (the soft line to the calipers) are oem and have 160k on them. i need pads and i was told to get a set of non drilled/slotted rotors. i would need to change the brake fluid (should anyway), need the fenders rolled (working on getting that done), and i think i have to drain all of the coolant and replace with water or wetter water. is that the rule on the coolant? i have the NTO-1 tires that were donated to me to run, but i dont know if they would allow me to use them or not. technically, they are a DOT tire.

getfast 10-20-2010 09:34 AM

The coolant rule is for racing not HPDE, and you could use those tires.

Axelerate 10-20-2010 09:35 AM

The brake stuff sounds like a good idea.

You don't need to change out your coolant and the NT01's are perfectly fine. If you've been to a auto-x the tech is pretty similar.

quick26 10-20-2010 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by getfast (Post 6646779)
The coolant rule is for racing not HPDE, and you could use those tires.

ok, sounds good. next question, the the tires were take offs, most of the tread is gone but the dots are still there. is there a minimum depth on the dots?

Originally Posted by Axelerate (Post 6646784)
The brake stuff sounds like a good idea.

You don't need to change out your coolant and the NT01's are perfectly fine. If you've been to a auto-x the tech is pretty similar.

i am running regular advance pads right now, it was suggested i go to a set of hp pluses. what is the snell requirement on the helmets?

getfast 10-20-2010 09:57 AM

Tires are checked in tech by sight and touch, not tread depth. If you can still see wear bars they're probably fine, but check 'em during the event to make sure they haven't corded. Helmet question is answered in the event packet pdf linked above.

quick26 10-20-2010 10:00 AM

i have nt05's on the car, they are brand new. i didnt want to beat the hell out of those tires if i can run some take offs. i will see if i can get my hands on another set of take offs to have as a back up. i am guessing they have a tire machine at the track? as long as they are DOT tires am i good to go with them? Obviously they need to be in safe for use condition.

i see the ratings. i will have to check my helmets. i have one that is snell and i think m rated, not sure what rating though and i have one that is bsi rated, not sure if its m rated or not. they are both from when i had my street bike.

getfast 10-20-2010 10:04 AM

Be sure to look for the Snell sticker on the inside of the helmet, metallic orange or dark brown. That's what is checked at tech; whether it says Snell on the back of the helmet or not, no sticker inside = it doesn't pass.

There is tire service in the raceplex at the track but no guarantees that they'd be open or able to help on short notice, best to check with 'em directly http://www.sascosports.com/

Broke Neck 10-20-2010 02:27 PM

Sean - i have an extra helmet I just bought this year if need be.

Tarzan Bakerada 10-20-2010 03:28 PM

fuck you faggots.

vbspec 10-20-2010 07:26 PM

engine wont be installed in time dang it. oh well have fun

quick26 10-21-2010 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Broke Neck (Post 6647386)
Sean - i have an extra helmet I just bought this year if need be.

thanks, i will keep that in mind. i have to price the brake parts today. it will all depend on my disposable income. i had to order parts for the tow rig.

t24todd 10-21-2010 03:55 AM

love to take the fc out, things always comes up and rent is always around the corner. Vir is a little slice of heaven every time so i dont mind putting out the money. Still have to retap the oil pan for the return line. keeping my hopes up if i finalize some things. reg is full correct?

getfast 10-21-2010 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by t24todd (Post 6648385)
reg is full correct?

Reg is not full, entries are available at https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php?...hw_attendees=1

justin3 10-25-2010 05:28 PM

Motorcycle helmets aren't safe for automotive use just some fyi some groups allow them, but if it were my neck on the line I wouldn't risk it.

Tarzan Bakerada 10-25-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by justin3 (Post 6659632)
Motorcycle helmets aren't safe for automotive use just some fyi some groups allow them, but if it were my neck on the line I wouldn't risk it.

THANKS FOR THE VALUABLE INCITE BRO.

quick26 10-26-2010 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by justin3 (Post 6659632)

but do you know why in some situations they are not safe? in the grand scheme of things, you could argue that a caged car is not safe on the track either.

Cmqqn85 10-26-2010 04:26 AM

Wish i could join yall, esp with TD since its proposed to be so layed back. Have fun though

justin3 10-26-2010 07:02 PM

to be exact a i've been racing doing track events much longer than most on this little website you guys have so the little attitude comments like little tarzan are unwarranted and unappreciated. The guy a few posts back was talking about using a Motorcycle helmet for this event and maybe others who knows what his intentions were. The fact is a motorcycle helmet can up your chances of a BSF, or whiplash due to the fact that a lot of you probably don't use a HANS device and motorcycle helmets are heavier as they are intended to protect the rider from contact with the ground at high speed...not the case in a car. So to answer the questions below yes I do know the reason why. To say that a properly caged car with PROPER safety equipment in place in car and on driver is actually pretty absurd. Now say driving a car with no cage and a bucket seat and a 5 or 6 points harness, that would be extremely unsafe on the street and on track...but hey just my opinion apparently as so many on this website know so much more. Have a good night gents

Originally Posted by quick26 (Post 6660685)
but do you know why in some situations they are not safe? in the grand scheme of things, you could argue that a caged car is not safe on the track either.

getfast 10-26-2010 07:17 PM

Driving cars at speed is inherently unsafe. But this is High Performance Driving Education we're talking about, not racing. It's much more controlled thanks to instructors and passing rules/passing zones and various safety rules, which creates a generally lower-speed/less-risky environment. Some people choose to do that in street cars with motorcycle helmets, which is allowed. Personally I don't go on track without way more safety gear than the minimum, just like I wouldn't ride a motorcycle to 7-11 four blocks away without full gear either, but to each his own, we all make choices in life ;)

Broke Neck 10-26-2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by justin3 (Post 6662724)
to be exact a i've been racing doing track events much longer than most on this little website you guys have so the little attitude comments like little tarzan are unwarranted and unappreciated. The guy a few posts back was talking about using a Motorcycle helmet for this event and maybe others who knows what his intentions were. The fact is a motorcycle helmet can up your chances of a BSF, or whiplash due to the fact that a lot of you probably don't use a HANS device and motorcycle helmets are heavier as they are intended to protect the rider from contact with the ground at high speed...not the case in a car. So to answer the questions below yes I do know the reason why. To say that a properly caged car with PROPER safety equipment in place in car and on driver is actually pretty absurd. Now say driving a car with no cage and a bucket seat and a 5 or 6 points harness, that would be extremely unsafe on the street and on track...but hey just my opinion apparently as so many on this website know so much more. Have a good night gents

I dont think either of yall relize who each other are. Justin3 is Chad Slaggs and Michael Harris's buddy - 12 foot tall - just put a cage in his supra. Used to race a honda with them ... now has a white supra (why hasnt it been on track yet btw?)

Tarzan is one of the guys that makes up our group at the track, red Sentra SER.

Tarzan Bakerada 10-27-2010 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by Broke Neck (Post 6663110)
I dont think either of yall relize who each other are. Justin3 is Chad Slaggs and Michael Harris's buddy - 12 foot tall - just put a cage in his supra. Used to race a honda with them ... now has a white supra (why hasnt it been on track yet btw?)

Tarzan is one of the guys that makes up our group at the track, red Sentra SER.

lol i just figured he was some new guy trying to sound smart. My apologies justin3.

quick26 10-27-2010 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by justin3 (Post 6662724)

didnt mean to rub you the wrong way, that was not my intent. After reading my quote, i left out a key word, i meant a car witout a cage. again, i was not trying to stir up any hate and discontent in this thread.

Atlantis 10-27-2010 09:59 AM

can a first timer run this?

getfast 10-27-2010 10:01 AM

Absolutely yes. There will be plenty of first-timers there. You'd be in green group, with an instructor provided.

Atlantis 10-27-2010 10:05 AM

i am having trouble finding the fees and everything. Never looked into this before. I am considering learning to track with my stock ls

getfast 10-27-2010 10:07 AM

Click & scroll down:

https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php?...hw_attendees=1

Atlantis 10-27-2010 10:12 AM

What type of prep check should I go through? Pending one of my friends and his trailer I think I am going to do it since the car just sits

getfast 10-27-2010 10:15 AM

Click and read this, then click and read all the stuff under "info" up top, and under "general FAQ" and "registration FAQ" at the bottom:

https://www.trackdaze.com/index.php?...&Itemid=100039

You'll need to do a pre-tech inspection (or have someone do it), as specified in there somewhere.

Broke Neck 10-27-2010 12:39 PM

Call Kienan over at All Aspects ... they can set you up with making sure your good to go on track.

JETSWU87 11-02-2010 05:21 AM

it's been confirmed, we'll be there

Broke Neck 11-03-2010 10:02 PM

Me and AJ signed up tonight .... so we are officially there!