Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Is there an event July 31st?

Old 07-22-2005, 10:07 AM
Eat me.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta
Default Is there an event July 31st?

I'm just curious if there's going to be an auto-x even the 31st of this month. I'm not sure where to check, so i'm posting it here.

I'll be 18, so i'll be able to sign the waiver and go without having to bring a parent, so i want to go.

Another question, what class will i need to go in?

Here's basically my 'mod list' that would matter

Skunk2 Front Camber Kit
Skunk2 Front/Rear Strut bars
SPC Rear lower control arms
Ground Control Coilovers
Tokico Illumina Struts
i have rims/tires too(not sure if that has anything to determine class, but i just figured i'd list that also.)
and i also have a Spoon lower tie bar that i haven't installed yet, but it might be on by the 31st

Oh, and engine wise, all i have is an intake and a short shifter. No swap or anything.

thanks
Old 07-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Is there an event July 31st?

check out autocross.us for all the auto-x info.

as for the 31st, there will be one but its in richmond. here is a calander of all the events: http://www.autocross.us/forum/calend...9bc2a2b05fba93

you would be in STS.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

yes

VMP on the 31st

will be there as long as my spyder is finished being painted by Friday. (fingers crossed)

as far as classing you will be in STS

and you should do fairly well with those mods. that are installed. I dont think the Spoon lower tie bar would be legal but no one would say anything as long as you dont tell them unless you start beating everyone.
Old 07-23-2005, 09:48 AM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

here is the registration for the event.

http://vmsc.zerobandwidth.net/registration/

its a pain to fill out initially but after that its soo easy to register for VMSC events

VMP is a great location for your first autocross. Big huge course with well designed flowing lines. Everytime Ive been speeds were in the range of 55-75mph in a miata and a 76 celica. Much faster than the average 45-50mph at Pungo.

If you need any help just PM me.
Old 07-23-2005, 03:33 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

So, do i have to register before hand? Or can i show up that day and fill out a form?
Old 07-23-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered Member

its best to register beforehand because then it cuts down on the amount of time you have to stand in line, and when you get there you just fill out a waiver (same one everyone signs)
Old 07-24-2005, 07:07 AM
Eat me.

well what time does it start? and are there any directions to the place? thanks for the help by the way
Old 07-24-2005, 07:13 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

First car is off at 12.

Dont know how to get there from the Penis ula (thats a funny word). I'm sure someone you know, knows, as VMP is the drap strip in Dimwitey that NOPI and everything else is.

Good Luck
Old 07-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

everyone should be there no later than 9:30 so you have time to register and walk the course.

A bunch of us usually meet up together and cruise up there.

We usually meet at the Exxon on Us58-US460 at 6:30 and wait till 7 for people caught in traffic

but not sure who all is going. (that meeting spot is kinda out of the way for us penninsula guys and might arrange another spot this time.)

Ill iron out the details and PM you.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

Mike are you going or will you be at the NE Div?

Quick Reply: Is there an event July 31st?