Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Suggest sites to autox at

Old 12-19-2002, 04:26 AM
Oldest Man Alive....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Gravels? As in maybe we can find an empty field for a "Rallycross"

The beauty of all-wheel drive
Old 12-19-2002, 10:02 AM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

Originally posted by kyle
other than size, and nice pavement, because i think a perfect place would be behind todd stadium, its already a road training course so its got the cones and the gravels pretty nice

oh yeah good call man. that is where the city driving schools are held and that is a nice place... hummmm ( hey it cant be worse than fentress )
Old 12-19-2002, 12:48 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Axelerate
Pavilion parking lot in VB?
We used to run at the VB Pavillion. It worked out a little strange. Tom (5.0Racer) is the one that hooked us up with that one. The arrangements were sorta strange. We were not paying customers (or paid very little compared to real events at the pavillion) so we were on the bottom of the food chain. Basically it wored out pretty cool and was actually quite a bit of fun. Weekends were always booked for real events, if a week out they didn't have anything planned for say a Tuesday night, we could use it. We would tenatively plan it in pleanty of advance, We would schedule it on the Tuesday after a local event on Sunday. That way we could get the work out if we had it for sure to the people at the event. We ran the event under the lights in the parking lot with reflective tape put on the pylons so you could see them a little better. It was a blast and got us lots of passer by interest (since it was visible from the interstate). I OD'ed the events because I could get off work early enough (about 3PM) to go set up a quick and fun course, and we had to stop running by 11PM, and all cars had to have good mufflers because of the hotel next door. It was a blast and I'd love to see us do that again.
Old 12-19-2002, 07:38 PM

kyle is an unknown quantity at this point

its not gravel my mistake
they have to keep it nice cuz of all the tests they have if yall want i know some people in high places that i could talk to and put in a request or something else, i think they would like the idea cuz of all the pressure on racing and stuff, they would like it being a helpful in teaching kids how to drive and letting them get the race out of them under proffesional supervision
Old 12-20-2002, 07:40 PM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

I know so far we've looked at the boat house and that didn't pan out. We also looked at the JC Penny's parking lot at Janaf but I don't know what ever cam of it.
Old 12-20-2002, 09:55 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

Originally posted by turbochad
I know so far we've looked at the boat house and that didn't pan out. We also looked at the JC Penny's parking lot at Janaf but I don't know what ever cam of it.
chad: did you get all the other places mentioned?

others: keep the ideas a coming.

with parking lots at malls and such, in the information packets, we need to state that we will be bringing them business, as racing will keep ppl around, and racers and spectators will probably be eating there too.
Old 12-21-2002, 06:41 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

I saw the place in Tabb. Which I know nothing about.

The Pavilion parking lot. Good idea, I'll have to see who to talk to about that.

And someplace in Md which I think it out

That's all I saw. I'll have to see what's in the information packet. I know there's a short letter in there about us, but I think it seriously needs to be updated/worked over. We have copies of our lieablity waviers and a copy of the insurance policy the club carries as well as the video.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:55 AM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by turbochad
The Pavilion parking lot. Good idea, I'll have to see who to talk to about that.
I haven't been able to remember the manager's name we dealt with there. Tom Stangler might remember....
Old 12-21-2002, 01:19 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I was woking today out in Portsmouth and I found a really good sight.

It's a shopping center on the corner of George Washington Highway and Victory Blvd about 5 minutes from 264. The main store which looks like a Food Lion went out of business and their are only two other small store left in the shopping center, ones a video store and the other is some hair place. I counted nine parking lanes and it's easily twice the size of the Pungo field. It's nice because the parking for the other two store are divided by medians from the main lot, so their wouldn't be any problems with their business.

I was their at lunch time today and the only thing on the lot were some seagulls, so I don't think a Sunday or even Saturday event would be a problem. The surface is good with no potholes, but their is some patch work, but it's still in better condition than Pungo. I also counted only three light poles which are at the front of the lot closest to the store. Another good thing is that there are plenty of parking away from the lot and there's a Arby's, Wendy's, McDonald's, and Dunkin Donuts all in walking distance from the sight.

I got the number's of the sign in the old Food Lion for the leasing company who probally ownes it, or at least knows who does:

"Shopping Center Group"

757-626-3510
757-722-2500
804-282-2400

Don't know why their where three numbers, but I hope this might help out.
Old 12-22-2002, 12:40 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

good work brett. if it's as good as it sounds maybe it will go somewhere

Quick Reply: Suggest sites to autox at