Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

So? How'd ACU go?

Old 08-30-2004, 01:01 PM
Registered Loser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So? How'd ACU go?

For those of us who couldn't go... how did everyone do?
Old 08-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8 Xav H22EG8
Default Re: So? How'd ACU go?

Originally Posted by maxQ

check this place out:

http://www.autocross.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21
Old 08-30-2004, 02:04 PM

Conemasher has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by maxQ
Uhhhh, next question...LOL

Terry won STS over Doug Allen, Aaron Buckley, Michael H. grabbed 4th. Brent Carson was in 3rd after day one, but had an unfortunate loose couple of day two runs to drop back a few spots. [edit: fixed]

AS - Gil Smith
ES - Parcon over Pastorious
FS - Johnson by 2 secs. over Pat Griffith, Mrs. Johnson, Karen Kraus
GS - Foley, Marx
HS - Foley, Shumin, Chenery
ASP - Kienan Weber
CSP - McGeorge, Harris
DSP - Bleh, Staples
FSP - Zimmer, Peterson, Jordan, Martin, Hoffman (DFL )
STX - Courtney Cormier by 3 seconds over RW, Whipple 2 more seconds back in 3rd. (IIRC)

Last edited by Conemasher; 08-30-2004 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Yup thats about right.

In STS I blew my 2nd and 3rd Saturday runs, locking up the brakes on 2 and spinning the car on 3. So my 4th on Saturday was an ez run just to be clean and post a time. Sunday I started ok, then it rained and my 2nd was damp. Me no likey the wet!!!, I dropped a second on my 3rd run and Buckley cleaned his run up and snaged 3rd. I was yelled at by Keinan to go and pushed the car (I think I was still dazed form my spin the day befor). On my 4th run I dropped .2 and was in 3rd for about 45 seconds when buckley laid it down and bumped me to 4th. Terry and Doug were in a world of there own on Saturday.

All in all it was a huge learning experiance.... And for next year no matter what car I'm in I will be consintrating on VMSC,and TSCC events. It was almost like I have forgotten how much the car would take. Its amazing what these little cars can do!!!
Old 08-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Originally Posted by Conemasher
Uhhhh, next question...LOL

Terry won STS over Doug Allen, Aaron Buckley, Michael H. grabbed 3rd. Brent Carson was in 3rd after day one, but had an unfortunate loose couple of day two runs to drop back a few spots. (IIRC)
I got 4th.....
Old 08-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

6th. in STS. Horrible weekend. 3hrs sleep Friday night. A cold on Saturday, and just slightly recovering on Sunday. My worst finish yet in the car. The last time that I ran against A. Bulkley, I had him by 4.4 seconds raw. This time he gets me by a second. I couldn't put a run together. I Hope for a better show @ the big show.

Ed
Old 09-01-2004, 04:03 AM

svann has disabled reputation

Hey gang,
Didn't anybody notice the local guy who was first OA on Saturday and second OA for the whole deal? Your hurting me here .

Stan V

PS: Off to the Snowshoe Hillclimb (presented by Bud) tomorrow. I'll post a report and photos next week.
Old 09-01-2004, 06:19 AM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ed94R
6th. in STS. Horrible weekend. 3hrs sleep Friday night. A cold on Saturday, and just slightly recovering on Sunday. My worst finish yet in the car. The last time that I ran against A. Bulkley, I had him by 4.4 seconds raw. This time he gets me by a second. I couldn't put a run together. I Hope for a better show @ the big show.

Ed
The rest notwithstanding...Buckley's car is MUCH faster now... it's gone through more than its share of development pains.

Sorry about the result...
Old 09-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts

Aaron's car is definately quick. It's definitely got everybody in STS (including us) covered on straight line speed. I was talking to him about the #'s it puts out and you would be amazed at what that thing is putting down/running in the 1/4. He had a bad day in DC, and I had one at ACU. I guess I shoulda been more clear about the 4 second margin in DC. I don't expect that to happen again, but I think that I coulda been closer @ ACU had I been able to remove my head from my a$$.

Congrats go out to Mike and Brent for handing me my a$$ at ACU. I may have beaten Brent on paper, but I know what's going on. You gave me a freebie and I'll take it, but you blazed on Saturday and I couldn't answer. No more "local events as practice", I'll have to bring my A game from now on...you guys are getting good!

Stan, congrats on the OA. You ripped.

Ed
Old 09-01-2004, 05:24 PM

c1i9v8i9c has disabled reputation

hey Scott, thanks for mentioning the 3rd after day one thing at least i have that to talk about haha...

Ed, thanks for the compliments, but hey, you beat me fair and square. i messed up on sunday...and you were there to pull ahead!

Quick Reply: So? How'd ACU go?