Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

six autoXes @ Langley Speedway in Hampton!

Old 12-21-2006, 11:49 AM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default six autoXes @ Langley Speedway in Hampton!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
21 December 2006
Richmond, Virginia

NEW AUTOCROSS SERIES FOR EASTERN VIRGINIA

The National Auto Sport Association's Mid-Atlantic Region is pleased to announce a new series of six autocross events at Langley Speedway in Hampton, Virginia for the 2007 season!

These Sunday events will take place on March 11, April 22, August 12, September 9, November 11, and December 9, 2007. Participation is open to NASA members for $40 or nonmembers for $45. Entries will tentatively be capped at 60 cars per event to guarantee lots of seat time for each driver. Spectating is free and encouraged.

Autocross is a popular amateur motorsport involving a twisty course set up with cones and driven solo against the clock. This type of entry-level racing emphasizes driver skill and handling more than horsepower or outright speed (which typically does not exceed 65 miles per hour.) Therefore, autocrosses are open to any street licensed driver in nearly any car - whether it is stock or modified - and various classifications are designed to level the playing field (so, for instance, a Civic and Corvette are not directly competing.)

Langley Speedway is a NASCAR-sanctioned 0.4-mile paved oval track with a paved infield road course, and is the only facility of its kind in eastern Virginia. The first five Langley autocrosses will be run as their own mini-series with their own trophies and prizes, but will count for points in the official NASA Mid-Atlantic 2007 Autocross Championship series, which also includes ten proposed events at Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie. The sixth Langley event on December 9th will be a charity event for fun during the holidays.

NASA Mid-Atlantic is also pleased to announce that longtime racer Dale Blankenship will be co-director of the Langley autocross series.

"Dale brings decades of experience to the table, and we are so glad to have him on our team." said Autocross Coordinator Jon Felton. "There is no doubt in my mind that Dale will help us make the Langley events as safe and fun as they can possibly be!"

Mandatory pre-registration for each event will open two months beforehand. For more information, please visit http://www.nasaracing.net/autox.htm or contact Jon Felton at autox@nasaracing.net or (804) 397-FAST.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: six autoXes @ Langley Speedway in Hampton!

Sweet, now that my car has camber plates, autocross will be fun again! Cant wait!
Old 12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Hahahaha yay! Camber is gooooood. Especially for slightly banked turns.

Jon
Old 12-21-2006, 03:44 PM
-DMD-

DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard

Awsome a NASA autocross close to home! I'll come out and play now.
Old 12-21-2006, 03:59 PM
Registered Member

sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo sethmo

Thats awesome. Ill be there for sure! Just need to upgrade to some better tires

Too bad its so late in the year, they should have some fun runs in the spring before the official runs.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:25 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

The SE-R will definetly be ready for those, maybe I'll have the mustang done by then too.
Old 12-21-2006, 05:45 PM
at the track today?

Originally Posted by sethmo
Thats awesome. Ill be there for sure! Just need to upgrade to some better tires

Too bad its so late in the year, they should have some fun runs in the spring before the official runs.
Your first 4-5 runs on March 11th can be your fun runs before the official runs.

(Expect at least 6-8, but hopefully more like 10-12, runs each at these events.)

Thanks,

Jon
Old 12-21-2006, 05:51 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Mumbles
The SE-R will definetly be ready for those, maybe I'll have the mustang done by then too.

What exactly did you do to the SE-R?
Old 12-21-2006, 05:56 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Can you run in just 1 or a few events or do you need to participate in the whole series? I would really love to get the omni out for a few passes except I doubt I would be able to make it to all the events.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:27 PM
Needs more poke.

Originally Posted by streetlamp
Can you run in just 1 or a few events or do you need to participate in the whole series? I would really love to get the omni out for a few passes except I doubt I would be able to make it to all the events.
No you can just do one if you want.

Quick Reply: six autoXes @ Langley Speedway in Hampton!