Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

RallyCross vs AutoX

Old 01-19-2007, 08:06 AM
The Flying Dutchman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stormshadow is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RallyCross vs AutoX

Okay, the title is a little deceptive. I am considering buying a car to do some racing duty (but also needs to be streetable). I used to own a WRX that I did RallyCross in and loved it, and I wish I could find a 2.5RS GC8. Basically, I am looking at buying an older car that could equally perform either form of recreational racing duty (and still drive into work on Monday if I didn't wad it up). Any recommendations, right now I am thinking GC8 Subaru or E30 BMW? Let's get a bit of a discussion rolling so maybe I can hash out the best plan of action...Thanks to all who check the thread out!
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: RallyCross vs AutoX

E30 or SE-R
Old 01-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

gc8 scooby
Old 01-19-2007, 08:21 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

E30 is a rediculous car, they have so much potential and handle VERY well with vey few mods.
Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Where are you located that Rallycross is even a factor in your decision?? To my knowledge from the 757, and 804 areas there could be 2-3 Autocross events a month and maybe 1 rallycross every other month. Also car setup of a Rallycross car and an Autocross car couldnt be farther apart is you want to be competetive.

E30 all the way if this is a car you would not be too upset is you "wad it up". Parts are every where, new and used, and they seem to be very cheap. Cars can be had in the $2K-$3k range and even less if you are in the right place at the right time.

Subbys are over weight, and over priced. At like $8k-$10K for a car with no mods.... Not any thing I could brush off if it were to be waded up.

BUT!!!! For you to get a more informed answer you need you better describe your goals, and budget. The cars you have asked for oppinions on are very different, as too is the types of events that you maybe taking them to. So at this point every one is just shooting in the dark.
Old 01-19-2007, 11:55 AM
S13 Lover

RoanokeS13 has disabled reputation

Three numbers:

Old 01-19-2007, 12:33 PM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

how much do E30's in good condition cost nowadays? I wouldn't mind having one at some point in time if they handle as well as everyone says they do, plus seeing the videos that the one guy posts up here from him at VIR in his E30 makes me want one also haha
Old 01-19-2007, 01:51 PM
The Flying Dutchman

Okay, after I posted and went back and read it, I put WAY too few facts on the post. I wish I could find something to do double duty, but unfortunately that isn't practical. I would probably be able to do Road Rally's if I kept the car street legal and put it into AutoX or Spec E30 racing. The more I look at it, the more I think I could do with an E30...it was either that or buy a new STi (and have to sell my motorcycle, which is where the trouble is...). Also, just kind of wanted to start a discussion on RallyX stuff, since Twisties is kind of slow of late...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:52 PM
The Flying Dutchman

Originally Posted by RoanokeS13
Three numbers:

Looked for 510's, but for the price and the rarity, I couldn't bring myself to race one. Would love to have one as a nasty street machine though.
Old 01-19-2007, 01:53 PM
The Flying Dutchman

Originally Posted by Slimsta Jimsta
how much do E30's in good condition cost nowadays? I wouldn't mind having one at some point in time if they handle as well as everyone says they do, plus seeing the videos that the one guy posts up here from him at VIR in his E30 makes me want one also haha
Anywhere from 3K to 8K+ depending on mods and condition. I would say 4-5 for a pretty good one. Someone correct me if I am WAY off base here... Will have to do a search for those E30 vids...always nice to see one in action.

Quick Reply: RallyCross vs AutoX