Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

ODR-SCCA October 4th Solo Event At Pungo

Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr sjfehr
Default Re: ODR-SCCA October 4th Solo Event At Pungo

Originally Posted by J3sse
well its looking like this will be my 1st ever autox. some reason i think i'm going to fair much worse than i think =) anything pungo specific to be aware of being a complete noob?
Awesome! Come on out, you'll love it Don't worry- your time slip may say you're not quite as fast as the leaders, but it'll still feel fast!

Make sure to come early so you have plenty of time to walk the course. Pungo courses can sometimes be confusing to novices, but are pretty straightforward once you get a little experience.

The entrance is through the woods a couple hundred yards north of Pungo Offroad; be careful, or you'll drive right past it. Stop at the tent to sign the waiver/get a wristband, and then come back and sign the registration forms. You'll see where others are parked- park anywhere there's space, but be mindful that if there's a pile of tires and misc stuff, someone else is already parked there. Tech will be at the far end of the parking area. You can start walking the course as soon as it's set up, and help set it up if you're earlier than that. A hot dog/sausage cart always comes and serves lunch, so make sure to bring a couple bucks for that.
Old 09-30-2009, 04:10 AM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough

thanks for the info, is there a course map available? and just to confirm; there are helmets available that i could borrow for the day?
Old 09-30-2009, 04:33 AM
Carolina Kracker

quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26 quick26

course map will usually be posted a day or two before. i dont know if they have the loaner helmets or not. if not, i am sure we can get you covered.
Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Yes, they have loaner helments available.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:25 AM

J3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the roughJ3sse is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
Yes, they have loaner helments available.
thanks, that was my main concern. I tried to look at classing and got lost so check 'unknown' and figure it out when i get there? evox: exhaust (catless) and a good tune are current mods. coil overs may arrive in time for the event but is still an unknown

again thanks for the initial help.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Course map is posted http://www.autocross.us/forums/index...e=post&id=1183

Come on guys, we need some more participants to make this a go. If you've never done it before don't be afraid, everyone is super friendly and helpful.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
Course map is posted http://www.autocross.us/forums/index...e=post&id=1183

Come on guys, we need some more participants to make this a go. If you've never done it before don't be afraid, everyone is super friendly and helpful.
bah, can't see it until my account is validated.
I'm registering now
Old 09-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered member

We need 35 people to break even, or it'll be canceled. Only 24 signed up right now. So, if anyone's planning on coming, and hasn't signed up yet... at least email Greg and tell him you're planning on coming!

Last edited by sjfehr; 09-30-2009 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:35 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by J3sse
thanks, that was my main concern. I tried to look at classing and got lost so check 'unknown' and figure it out when i get there? evox: exhaust (catless) and a good tune are current mods. coil overs may arrive in time for the event but is still an unknown

again thanks for the initial help.
EvoX is AS class when stock, but coilovers would put you into BSP. Can cats be removed in BSP? If not, would bump you up into FP, I think.

Last edited by sjfehr; 09-30-2009 at 02:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
Going Nowhere Fast

S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt S2Kitt

I duno, after doing the last event at ACU4 Pungo just doesn't seem like fun. I'm waiting for he nxt event on the 18th. Good luck to all you guys though.

Quick Reply: ODR-SCCA October 4th Solo Event At Pungo