Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Need some help. Whats a good HPDE/NASA entry car.

Old 01-23-2008, 12:09 PM
r0tard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Need some help. Whats a good HPDE/NASA entry car.

I am going to attempt to get into roadracing type events this year. That being said, what would be a good platform, that isn't too hard on the pockets to race every weekend? It can be purpose built, as i do not plan to DD it.

I have heard the miata is where i want to go, though i am not a fan.

Also, whats the deal on racing old british cars? I have a line on a nice MGB and a rotary to go in it.

Thanks guys. Thought i would ask around here before i go and buy a new PITA.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
Default Re: Need some help. Whats a good HPDE/NASA entry car.

Nissan SE-R.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:27 PM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blah
Nissan SE-R.
Really? Thats one i would have never thought of.

Any thoughts on the older VW GTi's?
Old 01-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Maintenance could get you with the VW. If you track a car, go in with the realization that pretty much everything will break at one point of time.

You basically need something light with tons of replacement parts available. The lighter the car weights, the longer life you'll get on your wear items like tires, pads, rotors, etc...

Others:
Neon ACR,
Miata,
Civic Si,
Ferrari F430,
You get the idea....

Or you can go to Grassroots Motorsports Classifieds and find an already set up car for cheap. (That's what I'd do.)
Old 01-23-2008, 12:45 PM
r0tard

Originally Posted by blah
Maintenance could get you with the VW. If you track a car, go in with the realization that pretty much everything will break at one point of time.

You basically need something light with tons of replacement parts available. The lighter the car weights, the longer life you'll get on your wear items like tires, pads, rotors, etc...

Others:
Neon ACR,
Miata,
Civic Si,
Ferrari F430,
You get the idea....

Or you can go to Grassroots Motorsports Classifieds and find an already set up car for cheap. (That's what I'd do.)
Thanks. I'll check that out. I used to have a Neon ACR.

Ha! I'll opt for the f430.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Sup, ladies?

Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar Lestar

90-93 Acura Integra and I'm not being biased.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:59 PM
r0tard

Can't do a DA. I have hated those cars since they came in when i was in high school. If you have one, i mean no dis-respect.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:59 PM
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Unless MGBs fall in a PT category, I don't know, offhand, of any class they can run in, but its going to take atleast a year or two with NASA before you can get your comp. license anyway. Your best bet for an MGB would be vintage club racing.

Ideas?
- B13 SE-R
- Civic/CRX
- Miata
- E30
- FB/FC RX7
Old 01-24-2008, 12:01 AM
Registered Member

RaceWerks has disabled reputation

Hello -

This is John from RaceWerks. This is exactly the type of stuff that our shop deals with. If you want to get more info, give me a call, and I can give you some good and bad points on lots of types of cars for the track.
We do a lot of BMW and Porsche stuff, but I have a lot of experence with other types of cars. I also instruct with NASA, and the PCA. Hope this helps.

John Kopp
RaceWerks
757-427-0742
Old 01-24-2008, 03:36 AM
r0tard

Originally Posted by RaceWerks
Hello -

This is John from RaceWerks. This is exactly the type of stuff that our shop deals with. If you want to get more info, give me a call, and I can give you some good and bad points on lots of types of cars for the track.
We do a lot of BMW and Porsche stuff, but I have a lot of experence with other types of cars. I also instruct with NASA, and the PCA. Hope this helps.

John Kopp
RaceWerks
757-427-0742
Thanks John, I will keep you in mind.

Quick Reply: Need some help. Whats a good HPDE/NASA entry car.