Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

NASA @ VIR, Mar 26-28!

Old 03-29-2010, 07:26 PM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: NASA @ VIR, Mar 26-28!

Ugh. So sorry that happened, Justin. Great save though, it could've been a lot worse. Been there done that - several times - with the "oh sh!t here comes the wall" feeling... ugh.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:29 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Justin I can't believe a race shop would be so stupid as to install brake lines and not check clearance at full droop, static ride height, and full compression.... that really sucks.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:34 PM
Not-So-Fatty McFat

BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC BLU CIVIC

was trying to figure out what happened to your subaru. well atleast you weren't the only one to hit that spot this weekend.

Fortune Evo forgot to put in his transponder...atleast that's what was said on the radio
Old 03-29-2010, 08:10 PM
OM NOM NOM E30

JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87 JETSWU87

Again justin, glad you were ok...and able to get right back out there.

so i posted on nasa about not taking the head on crash even with the hans. However the more i think about it, turning the car sideways for side impact with how wet it was, you're then praying the tires dont dig in and flip you over. Right? It worked out in your favor here.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 PM
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

This sucks man
Originally Posted by MSP608
This:
[youtube]Tnx42s3ZTBQ[/youtube]

plus winning TTA both days pretty much sums up my weekend.

Friday was the best part. I got to tag along with Todd Reid in the Fortune Auto Evo in the rain, had a blast doing so!
Old 03-30-2010, 06:44 AM
Track Whore

Cmqqn85 has disabled reputation

had a blast with the Hyperdrive, Kart Enduro (i want Tony's kart teched), and the circuitcross. Deff had an eye opener when i spun out on the first heat, track was SLICK! Overall great weekend, cant wait till the next

Last edited by Cmqqn85; 04-01-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:16 AM
Registered Member

MSP608 will become famous soon enoughMSP608 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by getfast
Ugh. So sorry that happened, Justin. Great save though, it could've been a lot worse. Been there done that - several times - with the "oh sh!t here comes the wall" feeling... ugh.
After me, Phil, Dan, and Kyle all having pretty serious wrecks in such a short period of time, (and go figure all Subarus) have there been any talks of NASA requiring TT cars to have cages, or at least some form of protection over OEM?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Justin I can't believe a race shop would be so stupid as to install brake lines and not check clearance at full droop, static ride height, and full compression.... that really sucks.
Nothing was touching when they installed everything. And JJ @ IAG says the brackets that held the line in place are in a different position than when they were installed. They're ditching those brackets and are going to weld something in place this time.

Originally Posted by BLU CIVIC
was trying to figure out what happened to your subaru. well atleast you weren't the only one to hit that spot this weekend.

Fortune Evo forgot to put in his transponder...atleast that's what was said on the radio
Are you referring to Terry's white Evo or Whit's gray Evo?

Originally Posted by JETSWU87
Again justin, glad you were ok...and able to get right back out there.

so i posted on nasa about not taking the head on crash even with the hans. However the more i think about it, turning the car sideways for side impact with how wet it was, you're then praying the tires dont dig in and flip you over. Right? It worked out in your favor here.
Yeah I never would have tried that had the grass been dry. Things would have been a lot worse had that been the case.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

Is there maybe a problem with stretching of brake lines for WRXs? All subarus...3/4 brake line issues (although Kyle as far as I know didnt know wether it was brake line or not, he just completely lost brakes).
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Pics are up - https://www.vadriven.com/forums/automotive-gallery-87/pics-march-madness-nasa-event-%40-vir-340016/
Old 03-30-2010, 01:47 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Originally Posted by MSP608
After me, Phil, Dan, and Kyle all having pretty serious wrecks in such a short period of time, (and go figure all Subarus) have there been any talks of NASA requiring TT cars to have cages, or at least some form of protection over OEM?
No talks I've heard of. These are all isolated incidents due to avoidable mechanical failures that could've just as easily happened in HPDE3 or HPDE4.

Safety equipment is, and always will be, strongly recommended by NASA whether it is required or not.

Quick Reply: NASA @ VIR, Mar 26-28!