Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

My Supercharged Si is Gone! Hello S2000!

Old 02-28-2003, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JRSCdSi is an unknown quantity at this point

The S2000 is extremely sensative to lift-throttle oversteer (or trailbraking). The 50/50 weight balance and short wheelbase to width ratio make it very eager to rotate. You'll see a lot of horror stories of people wrecking them because many people came straight from FWD to the S2000. The S2000 requires constant attention at the limit to keep from swapping ends. I've already done it a couple times on the autocross course. I won't push it too hard on the street.

lightningd: I think you mean FWD has the advantage of being able to power out of an oversteer situation. If you get on the gas in a RWD car when the rear end is already breaking loose, you're going to find yourself around a tree.
Old 02-28-2003, 03:20 PM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

im gonna miss the whine of that sc....but gotta love the sound of an s2k.....i forgot what exhaust vtechnology has, but it sounds beautiful....

so how long till you get a jackson racing supercharger to continue the name??? hint hint...
Old 02-28-2003, 07:13 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

Originally posted by JRSCdSi
lightningd: I think you mean FWD has the advantage of being able to power out of an oversteer situation. If you get on the gas in a RWD car when the rear end is already breaking loose, you're going to find yourself around a tree.
what i was saying was, with RWD if you're in a corner and you're understeering, and you stomp the gas, you can get the rear tires to break loose and get the ass to come around taking you out of the understeering. also requires balls, lol.
Old 02-28-2003, 07:52 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

or you could go in slow, out fast and skip the understeer entirely.
Old 03-01-2003, 02:51 PM

Like Trip said... I've yet to get the S2000 to understeer. The thing is pretty well-balanced. Even if you get the ABS involved you can still steer completely controled. The brakes on this car are amazing. Right there with a Porsche Boxter S. I think its like 114 feet 60-0. That's about 50 feet better than an Si!!! Tires have something to do with this though.
Old 03-01-2003, 06:28 PM
i like prom.

urvtecs2slo has disabled reputation
Default Re: My Supercharged Si is Gone! Hello S2000!

Well, I sold my Civic last night to a guy just over the border in NC. I had had it on the Drag VA For Sale forum and other places for the past three months. So now I'm definately keeping the S2K for a couple of years. I just need to raise enough money to buy wheels, tires, a front sway bar, and an alignment and hopefully I'll be putting up some competative B-Stock times. I'd like to able to keep up with Terry Baker in his B-Stock 350Z... . I know the S2000 can do it, I just need to learn how to drive a RWD sportscar now. I was within 3 seconds of Mr. Baker at the last event I ran at. That was on stock rubber. R-compounds should be good for 2 seconds or so, and then if I ever learn how to drive, it might be possible. He's just a damn good driver though.
i dont think anyone can touch terry's z or his m3...theyre both beasts, and hes one hell of a driver.

working with him on an everyday basis is cool, too.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:05 AM

kyle is an unknown quantity at this point

yah cant wait to see that car mike.... talk to my dad about comin up to vir w/ us if we go.... he is gettin the head gaskets replaced on the porsche so i dont think he will worry about overrevving anymore... stop by so i can check the s2k out sometime
Old 03-03-2003, 01:52 PM

Getting times close to Mr. Baker will be tough, but it gives me something to work for. Hopefully he'll stay in B-Stock with the 350. The BMW is a total monster though. Is he trying to sell it?

Kyle, both you and your dad should come out to an autocross one of these days.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:38 PM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

. My S2000 is an '02 Sebring Silver on red interior.

AHHHH MY TWIN!! haha, very cool man. id like to get up with u on the whole autoX thing. something im pretty interested in.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:44 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

Originally posted by Mr.2
drive an mr2, then youll really appreciate and respect lift throttle oversteer... just dont do it around anything.
hahah so true

Quick Reply: My Supercharged Si is Gone! Hello S2000!