Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Latest Mod

Old 02-05-2003, 06:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Latest Mod

Thought you guys might appreciate my latest mod...

The pics kinda suck though..

The harnesses are Simpson (obviously) 5 point cam locks. I bought some Corbeau belt grommets and cut the seats for them. The two shoulder harnesses are Y'd together. Everything pretty much clips in. All the ring bolts that came with the harnesses threaded into spots in the car. The only hole I had to drill was the one for the shoulder belts.
Old 02-05-2003, 06:38 PM
Drag757

Slammed Sentra is an unknown quantity at this point

nice....me likes...
Old 02-05-2003, 06:47 PM
///m thrizzle

trip has disabled reputation

How hard was cutting the seats? Where do the shoulder straps go in the back?
Old 02-05-2003, 07:02 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

Originally posted by trip
How hard was cutting the seats? Where do the shoulder straps go in the back?
I'm curious about this as well. Got any pictures of where things mount? I have bolt holes where the seatbelts in the rear of my car used to be that seem usable.

Any reason you didn't get an anti-submarine belt?
Old 02-05-2003, 07:36 PM

Cutting the seats was not real difficult. I've done a few nationally competitve car stereo cars, so I'm pretty handy with fabric and stuff, but I honestly think it's something that anyone could do.

You basically position where you want the grommet to go and draw a circle on the inside with a Sharpie. Then cut a X in the fabric (I.E don't remove the fabric). Then you do the same with the foam except you actually remove that (you can see peices of foam sitting in the back seat on one of the pics). Behind that (in my case) was metal. Again use the grommet as a guide and trace it out. Then I used a drill to punch a bunch of holes in the metal, then a dremel to "connect the dots" and smooth out the opening so the grommet fits through. Another square of foam is removed. Push the grommet in furthur and cut another X is the back. There's a second grommet that comes in from the back. The hardest part was cutting the metal. and keeping the fabric out of the way. I do need to shorten the grommets just a little though for a cleaner look. The grommets were cheap too, $11 direct from Corbeau.

The shoulder straps in the back go right between the seat bottom and the fold down upright. I'll get a picture of that when I actually do that part (I have the hole marked, just haven't drilled it).

As for the anti submarine belt. I have it. I just haven't installed it yet. I'm debating on if I want to cut the bottom of the seat and install a grommet or just wrap is around the front. That's why I haven't done it yet.

Last, but not least. The bolts are threaded into where my stock seat belts bolt in (sorta). I'll take some pictures of them tomorrow. I still have all the OE belts installed and functional.

I still have to install the passenger side belts. I have the bolts in but haven't started on the seat yet. I won't have them for the BCC event because I'll be in DC Friday night and part of Saturday picking up my new exhaust and hope to spend the rest of saturday tuning the car since I made a few changes over christmas (namely cam gears and cam shaft degreeing).
Old 02-05-2003, 07:49 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

tiiiiight. i'm sure that will be screaming for ppl to race you at stoplights.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:10 AM

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks real good. I know my Schroth harness in my car made a HUGE difference the first time I auto-x'ed with it. I don't think I could use it on the street though because it is not that comfortable for long periods of time (i.e. driving to/from work) even though the harness is actually street legal.

BTW, can you keep your harness installed even when you don't use it or does it get in the way on the seat?
Old 02-06-2003, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by lightningd
tiiiiight. i'm sure that will be screaming for ppl to race you at stoplights.
No shit. I get "YO! That's dudes got that shit from Fast and Furious" all the time when people see the laptop sitting in the car while I'm tuning.

Here are a few more pics I just took of the mounting and seat back. The grommets in the back are alittle off.. I'm going to try and get them even but I don't think it's that big a deal. you won't be able to tell when the seat is in it's normal position.

This is the inboard mounting ring. It threaded into a bolt used for some slider that goes through a bracket in the seat that the OE belt latch is attached too

This is the outboard mount. It threads in to a bolt hole that is used to hole the OE belt tentioner in.

Back of the seat...

This is the end of the shoulder harnesses with the Ring bolt and the spring loaded clip end

This is the shoulder belt mounted. It's loosened up so that I could move the seat..
Old 02-06-2003, 11:18 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Hey, I just installed me Sparco 3 point snap in harness the other day also!

I need to relocate one of the lap mounts to the floor board though. I'm gonna work on it this Saturday. I'll post the pics when I take some.

Last edited by Axelerate; 02-06-2003 at 11:20 AM.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:18 PM
Registered Member

90GTi is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a corbeau forza seat in my car with the corbeau 3 point harness'. i really dont like them. they are skinny(2 inches) and the adjuster things loosen up over time(i wear them daily). are you happy with the simpson's? they are 4" correct? i have been thinking about going to 4points but i cant decide on which brand. and yes i do get some crazy looks at stoplights and in traffic. i enjoy the attention...