Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

how many are interested in road racing?

Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate
Default Re: how many are interested in road racing?

Hopefully I'll be doing comp school in the beginning of next year.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:16 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Trying to swing VIR still, its 50/50 right now
Old 07-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

hopefully i get stationed in va next, then i will become an instructor asap to save some monies.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:42 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

I am! going to VIR for the UTCC race next friday, crewing on a 72 camaro. Then it's just a hyper drive on Sat. Building a Camaro in my garage now that hopefully will see a lot of track time. Just waiting to finish one more year of child support to help free up some spare change to finish the car.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 AM
Old Guy with a Miata

JohnnyZoomNow is an unknown quantity at this point

I was seriously thinking about it for a while, then I found autocross and I’m happy doing that for now. I doubt I’ll ever get to the point of wheel to wheel racing but I’ll probably do some HPDE days and maybe some time trials one day. I saw what I consider pretty good advise posted up somewhere; “Don’t track a car unless you could push it off the side of a cliff and walk away without a major financial hardship”. It will be awhile before I have a car I’d like to track and can afford to loose. You guys that are out there on the tracks give me goal to strive for; I enjoy reading your stories so please keep posting up.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:00 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Its not wheel to wheel but you can do the first few DE's in any car you currently have. Its when you move up the ranks and your speed increase you should think about safety equipment and the monetary impact if something were to go..... well you know.
Old 07-13-2010, 06:19 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i guess i worded the question wrong. i was asking who was seriously considering or would like to some day get into wheel to wheel road racing. Mainly to see on this forum people like shawn22 who are interested but aren't sure where to go with it.

shawn, though the money problem is always an issue, you can follow vinny's path with the miata aiming for PTE. the miata on paper is a strong candidate for the class, and it's a great group of people to race with. you also could probably pick up a built spec miata and do just a couple of changes to make it more suited to PTE. Of course, you always have the Spec Miata class, but personally, i think having a diverse class is a bit more fun.

Originally Posted by asininedervish
HPDE on 24th/25th at VIR - just what your talking about, yeah?
not just HPDE, are you thinking about getting into wheel to wheel eventually?

Originally Posted by vbspec
me me me.. next weekend.. Can't wait!
Are you racing @ VIR next weekend Dave? And is Xaiver doing compschool that weekend?
yes i'll be there. i get back in town on the 20th, so i have two days to cram. are you going to be in stinger? i need to tuck into your draft to keep the sentras behind me, haha. I think Xavier is just doing instructing, maybe time trials. I think he's still trying to get some stuff together before he does the comp school. BTW, i've moved out and am renting my own house now so i have my own garage

Originally Posted by Axelerate
Hopefully I'll be doing comp school in the beginning of next year.
what's been taking so long brett?

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
I am! going to VIR for the UTCC race next friday, crewing on a 72 camaro. Then it's just a hyper drive on Sat. Building a Camaro in my garage now that hopefully will see a lot of track time. Just waiting to finish one more year of child support to help free up some spare change to finish the car.
that's what i call staying focused!

Originally Posted by JohnnyZoomNow
I was seriously thinking about it for a while, then I found autocross and I’m happy doing that for now. I doubt I’ll ever get to the point of wheel to wheel racing but I’ll probably do some HPDE days and maybe some time trials one day. I saw what I consider pretty good advise posted up somewhere; “Don’t track a car unless you could push it off the side of a cliff and walk away without a major financial hardship”. It will be awhile before I have a car I’d like to track and can afford to loose. You guys that are out there on the tracks give me goal to strive for; I enjoy reading your stories so please keep posting up.
well after what i paid for my car, and what i've put into it, not counting a rebuilt tranny, it's probably sitting at $6K right now. I do accept that i could ball it up everytime that i go on track. cars can be grabbed for cheap. if you are looking at wheel to wheel as a realistic goal you may have to make some changes, like not having a brand new car or other 'luxury' expenses and it can be possible. i know if i wasn't racing i'd have have a rather new s2000 in the garage, heh. as far as autox, i'll stick to my theory that it's a great tool to teach yourself car control if you eventually want to hit the track. i cannot say the amount of times that autox instinct has saved my butt on track. have you been out to the ACU-4 events? i'm usually in the trailer arguing with the computer or timer or something like that (except for july and august which overlaps track weekends)
Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered Member :)

eg6_bryan has disabled reputation

I'm very interested, and have been. I really wanna head down there by next year when I have better wheels/tires etc etc
Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally Posted by lightningd
what's been taking so long brett?

Oh the usual, money. Life issues get in the way and I still have some rather expensive things to purchase still. Plus, I am still getting the car sorted and hitting the tire wall at Summit last August really set me back. I was about to purchase a transponder, but then my gas tank decided it didn't want to work that well any more. So, I had to use that money to get a new tank.

Soon enough I will be out with the other mid pack Spec e30 guys.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
<---will be missed

Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason Racin Jason

as soon as I get another dedicated track car, that's when I'll be road racing again. hopefully within the next couple of months.

Quick Reply: how many are interested in road racing?