Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

hmmm some help.

Old 07-14-2006, 05:15 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default hmmm some help.

This summer I wanted to get my suspension right on my integra, but had to drop dough on a 3,000 dollar apple laptop for school (yes i need it, graphic design). I was reading some books in barnes and nobles about good track/auto crossing suspension setups on hondas/ff's and that Softer springs/shocks in the front and harder shocks/springs in the rear promoted oversteer. Now if this is the case, then why do almost every single coilover/spring company produce springrates with way stiff in the front, and loose in the back. Im pretty sure this promotes under/more neutral steering. Im not 100% sure, so im asking for help... Whats really the deal, essentially for oversteer in a FF. thanks in advance.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:52 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec
Default Re: hmmm some help.

OK manufactures do set their spring sets up to have a more neutral to under-steer feel to them. WHY.. Because most people cant drive!!!!!

Looking at a suspension set up:

The Long Answer:

FWD cars can be made to over-steer, just by changing your driving style. I know this is not a popular answer, but I have Autox (at the national level), and track day experience, and its true. If these types of motor sports are something you wish to participate in go do it with your stock set up. This way when you make a change you can really feel what that change has done to the cars handling. Alignment and bushings should be done first, then other suspension mods. Your waisting your time with any suspension change if you are using the worn original bushings. Any replacement bushing kit will be fine, just make sure you get the OEM or Mugen rear trailing arm bushing. This bushing completes a movement that will bind up if you use a the solid style replacement. You will also find that a car set up for autox will need more steering than a track car.... under steer at an autox sucks, but over-steer at high speed is down right scary, if not dangerous.... (4 wheel drifting in a CRX in the climbing esses at VIR is not fun). I am more than happy to help with your set up you can pm me or find me at the Tidewater Sports Car Club autocross events... I am one of the novice instructors.

SHORT ANSWER:

Koni Yellows or Koni SPSS3 Sport shocks
GC coil over kit 400F/450R
Replace bushings as listed above
Alignment front -2 to -3 camber 0toe rear -1.5 to -2.5 1/8 total toe in
Old 07-15-2006, 02:56 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Alot of it has to do with labilty issues also.

Tein doesnt want some kids parents trying to sue them becasue their kid slid into a tree testing out his new coilovers.

Take a look at Honda Challenge and some of the Speed Challenge cars are set-up, they run VERY stiff rear rates and some even remove the front sway bar.

Spec V's actually come with stiffer rear springs stock and some aftermaket coilover companies still make them with stiffer front springs.

This is the reason you change the spring rates when you order them usually by 2k stiffer or softer.

Last edited by Axelerate; 07-15-2006 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

awesome guys...exactly the answer I was looking for. appreciate it greatly
Old 07-17-2006, 12:24 AM
you suck, i know it

(F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-) (F-)

Originally Posted by Axelerate

Take a look at Honda Challenge and some of the Speed Challenge cars are set-up, they run VERY stiff rear rates and some even remove the front sway bar.

my heros
Old 07-17-2006, 01:13 AM
Banned

chea I I is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gear
awesome guys...exactly the answer I was looking for. appreciate it greatly
Otters are awesome. I have one as a pet and his nam is chico