Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

help me sort the teg/are there any shops in area that can corner weight my car?

Old 02-23-2003, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Michael Kilgore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dyno Shop Rates, Yet Again

It's both. You can rent the facility and dyno operator fior $100/HR--for tuning purposes. You can also get two H/P pulls or three drag runs for $50 OR join the ND2RA and get your runs at 1/2 price for a year, as many runs as you want AND win some great prizes, like trophies and an all aluminum racing floor jack.
BR
Michael
ND2RA
Old 02-23-2003, 02:22 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

so if i wanted two torque graphs, of two separate runs, is that $50 or $150?
Old 02-23-2003, 03:00 PM

Michael Kilgore is an unknown quantity at this point

Well now, as I have tried to explain, if you want to make two runs, back-to-back, it could be either $50 or $25. Depending on whether you join the ND2RA or not. If you want to make a run(s) and go make changes and come back at a later date, your going to pay for two sessions. If you want to rent the facility for an hour, it's $100, do anything you want within that hour. What's your hang up on torque?
BR
Michael
Old 02-23-2003, 04:11 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by doriae86
you should have put the stiifer springs in the front which would explain the diving, bottoming and squirrelyness. you are apparently getting too much uncontrolled weight shift to the front causing your car to lose grip in the rear. also, with that drastic of an increase in stiffness you should get yourself a stiffer rear swaybar. in my AE92 i have 5.8kg in the front a 4.4kg in the rear with a modified rear sway bar and I've never bottomed and she'll turn in on a rail. If you look, most race setups are stiffer in the front because of that big heavy thing up there. haha. give it a shot.
His effective spring rates do result in a stiffer front spring even though numerically his rear springs sound stiffer. Its a leverage thing.
Old 02-25-2003, 03:29 PM
This is going to spo

tecnic1 tecnic1 tecnic1

thanks michael...I'm waiting on camber kits then I will certenly call you...

I have no IDEA in the world what AE86 guys do for set up, but north american honda people almost without exception use substantially stiffer springs in the rear, which does, on my car, yeld a stiffer rear wheel rate. this is all simple basic suspension dynamics in that the stiffer rear allows less weight to be transferred to the rear of the car and helps create a more neutral balance. there are obiviously unwanted side effects, but they are generally outweighted by the benefeits.
however, the prevelent setup in japan is to run stiffer front springs. they seem to achieve balance through different tire sizes, (235f/195r, for example) extreme camber settings and all sorts of other crazy shit.
as for which is better, this has been an ongoing debate for several years on honda-tech.
I have been useing the (mostly) stock suspension on my car, and all of my cars for a long time now. I have been spending the past year and several track events deciding what pieces and settings I want in this suspension...this isn't just some stuff I pulled out of my ass.