Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.
View Poll Results: Which Car To Buy?
1987 300zx
7.14%
1990 240sx
76.79%
1987 325is
16.07%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

First Drift Car Poll

Old 10-25-2007, 04:46 PM
psycho jungle cat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: First Drift Car Poll

Originally Posted by jgrubb426
Thats one of the few things Tokyo Drift didn't lie on.
What the hell?!

Originally Posted by jgrubb
300zx is almost TOO powerful...Like trying to drift a supra... Its possible but not very well.
Too powerful? Hardly. It's just a pig. Please stop spreading misinformation, if you dont know or aren't familiar with something dont make shit up.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

well, the bmw kinda sold already, and i didnt want to spend all my cash on the car alone and have no money to buy parts with. so im going with the cheapest car. i mean, if it really sucks that bad, ill just crash it for fun and have a junk yard come nab the pos
Old 10-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

Honestly, don't listen to most people yapping in this thread.

After how much money, time and sweat I've put into 2 Rx7s now, I wish I would have bought a 240.

The sheer size of the performance parts market, both new and used(LOTS of this seeing as everyone buys 240s), along with the performance of the car itself make it THE choice for the new drifter if they are thinking ease of operation and keeping the cost down but still want to have a car to be able to grow with them.
Old 10-26-2007, 05:37 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by jgrubb426
Oh sweet, I just found one for 900...Yeah man, 240sx is the car for the drift world. Thats one of the few things Tokyo Drift didn't lie on. Great weight distribution. The Silvia was created for Touge. Do what better car for drifting...Besides, 300zx is almost TOO powerful...Like trying to drift a supra... Its possible but not very well.
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARD!
Old 10-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by cole
SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RETARD!
Seriously. I saw someone mentioning that movie and touge and just decided to ignore it.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:42 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by 2.0rabrit
just cheap rwd cars i found

but, tomorrow at 11am i am going to pick up a 1989 240sx that runs for $800. ill post some pics when i get it.
Post pics when you get it
Old 10-26-2007, 09:44 AM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

well, drove halfway home and ran outa gas, wtf >_<
being towed as we speak. also, the starter is going bad. anyone have 1 near chesapeake? will purchase today, jus dont want to drive all over the place for one. pics when it gets here
Old 10-26-2007, 11:28 AM
psycho jungle cat

Originally Posted by 2.0rabrit
well, drove halfway home and ran outa gas, wtf >_<
being towed as we speak. also, the starter is going bad. anyone have 1 near chesapeake? will purchase today, jus dont want to drive all over the place for one. pics when it gets here
I might have one, ill check the garage and let ya know
Old 10-26-2007, 12:35 PM
Banned

Kyon Kyon Kyon

well, here are the pics from today

painting the car next month
picking up a CA18DET swap for $700 on the 8th of september
bigger front mount that week
vlsd rear end w/ 5 bolt next month

omg, i cashed my check

look what finally decides to come home, both my cars!!!

cool shot

not that bad condition

1 of 3 major flaws

2 of 3 major flaws

last major flaw

rusty roof ftl

gross interior, needs some better seats etc

manual ftw
Old 10-26-2007, 12:39 PM
psycho jungle cat

hows the stock motor run? I need a spare

Quick Reply: First Drift Car Poll