Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Driving school

Old 07-05-2007, 12:07 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Driving school

Well me and a friend are thinking about getting into auto cross, but we dont have very much experience with it. so what would drag suggest for a good performance driving school? anyone ever done it? is it worth it?
Old 07-05-2007, 12:18 PM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all
Default Re: Driving school

Originally Posted by 240sxftw
Well me and a friend are thinking about getting into auto cross, but we dont have very much experience with it. so what would drag suggest for a good performance driving school? anyone ever done it? is it worth it?
Just go to a local auto-x and have one of the experienced drivers or event staff ride with you. I've never heard of auto-x school. LOL, it's just cones in a parking lot
Old 07-05-2007, 12:58 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by eeterp
Just go to a local auto-x and have one of the experienced drivers or event staff ride with you. I've never heard of auto-x school. LOL, it's just cones in a parking lot
haha i know that much, and i know the best way to get experience is actually getting out and driving, but its like going to war, with a steak knive and a cap gun, i dont want to get stuck in a sea of cones and start takin them out
Old 07-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Some clubs will run a novice school once or twice a year. Here in the tidewater area its put on by the Tidewater Sports Car Club.... I headed up the last one they put on 2 months ago. These event will put you with an instructor (a more experiance autox'r) who will really teach you the basics. These are good things to do early so you don't get locked into bad habits. As far as a more advanced school check out Evolution http://autocross.com/evolution/modules/news/ This school goes around the country teaching more advanced techniques and ideas. This sport can be what ever you want it to be from just cones in a parking lot and your DD to traveling the country with your high dollar heap on the back of a trailer. The key thing its to just come out and have fun.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

Originally Posted by vbspec
Some clubs will run a novice school once or twice a year. Here in the tidewater area its put on by the Tidewater Sports Car Club.... I headed up the last one they put on 2 months ago. These event will put you with an instructor (a more experiance autox'r) who will really teach you the basics. These are good things to do early so you don't get locked into bad habits. As far as a more advanced school check out Evolution http://autocross.com/evolution/modules/news/ This school goes around the country teaching more advanced techniques and ideas. This sport can be what ever you want it to be from just cones in a parking lot and your DD to traveling the country with your high dollar heap on the back of a trailer. The key thing its to just come out and have fun.
thanks, yeah i will deff keep that in mind, having a in car instructor is always good. and thats me and my friends plan, have fun, and staying safe. dont get me wrong driving down hard roads with little traffic is fun, but we'd much rather do it legal. cones can be set back up, trees cannot.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Controlled Chaos

fourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to allfourwhls is a name known to all

Here's a great way to get started: http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=3294

BCC is have a charity event in Pungo this weekend. $20 for as many runs as you want. It's basically a practice day, not a scored autocross. There will be more advanced people there that will be happy to jump in your car with you and give you some pointers.

If you do go, make sure you take a ride with one of the faster people as well as ask them to drive your car. It's a great eye opener.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:02 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

Originally Posted by fourwhls
Here's a great way to get started: http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=3294

BCC is have a charity event in Pungo this weekend. $20 for as many runs as you want. It's basically a practice day, not a scored autocross. There will be more advanced people there that will be happy to jump in your car with you and give you some pointers.

If you do go, make sure you take a ride with one of the faster people as well as ask them to drive your car. It's a great eye opener.
thanks man, im gonna try and make it out there this weekend.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered Member

fivespeedsteed will become famous soon enough

only ones that i have heard of are real expensive, and are geared more towards open track racing. riding or driving experienced cone cutters seems like the best choice.
Old 07-07-2007, 10:43 PM
magnifying glass???

MALIIT TITI is an unknown quantity at this point

I have experienced the Novice school (CONE CLINIC) of Tidewater Sports Car Club... and I have found out what mistakes I have been doing all along and improve upon it and keep my car control instead of spinning my spyder before the school at every AUTOX event

BTW VSCC is having a Novice School at Richmond Raceway this July
Old 07-08-2007, 08:25 AM
Twisty Tuned

blackcrxd15 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ITSUKI Drifter
BTW VSCC is having a Novice School at Richmond Raceway this July...
Do you know the dates for that? Ill be up on the 31st of July.

Quick Reply: Driving school