VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   The Twisties (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/)
-   -   Driftwater 7 - Saturday, July 3rd, 2010 (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/twisties-28/driftwater-7-saturday-july-3rd-2010-a-345223/)

sumospeed.com 05-07-2010 04:48 AM

Re: Driftwater 7 - Saturday, July 3rd, 2010

Drivers and their cars are not covered under the event's insurance policy. you sign a waiver prior to driving to the facility. This event is really run by the drivers, and they are expected to be responsible while they are out there and not drive in an unsafe manner. It is very hard at this track to damage your car from going off track. there are no tire walls or barriers or anything of that sort to hit directly outside of the course, only sand/gravel, and from the cars i have seen go off, that works plenty well enough to stop off course vehicles before they hit anything. in regard to hitting another vehicle out there once again, its really all under the driver's responsibility to be safe out there, there are no instructors or anything like that. the last event went very smooth and everyone was utilizing point bys for safe passing and respecting everyone out there. Dan put it best in the driver's meeting for the last event, dont try to show off, theres no sponsors watching, theres nobody out here worth impressing, just go out and have fun.

elambz 05-07-2010 04:52 AM

Dammit Nick. You made this the same weekend as ITR Expo. You like to schedule things the same weekends as my ITR gayfests.

sumospeed.com 05-07-2010 05:41 AM

i have nothing to do with the dates/planning for these, just promote them for dan

Terry@Fortune 05-07-2010 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com (Post 6305627)
Drivers and their cars are not covered under the event's insurance policy. you sign a waiver prior to driving to the facility. This event is really run by the drivers, and they are expected to be responsible while they are out there and not drive in an unsafe manner. It is very hard at this track to damage your car from going off track. there are no tire walls or barriers or anything of that sort to hit directly outside of the course, only sand/gravel, and from the cars i have seen go off, that works plenty well enough to stop off course vehicles before they hit anything. in regard to hitting another vehicle out there once again, its really all under the driver's responsibility to be safe out there, there are no instructors or anything like that. the last event went very smooth and everyone was utilizing point bys for safe passing and respecting everyone out there. Dan put it best in the driver's meeting for the last event, dont try to show off, theres no sponsors watching, theres nobody out here worth impressing, just go out and have fun.

Nah bro this race is serious business and I intend to win it! :p

Terry@Fortune 05-07-2010 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE (Post 6304551)
ALL PEOPLE

THIS IS A WIN!!!!!! NO more excuses The mexican can finally drive and I expect two v8240's to be there and hopefully my FD

Dan I love you...son!!!!!!

Mexican lol

elambz 05-07-2010 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com (Post 6305691)
i have nothing to do with the dates/planning for these, just promote them for dan

Yes, but I'm going to blame you just because.

sjs0433 05-07-2010 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune (Post 6305702)
Nah bro this race is serious business and I intend to win it! :p

And you will win it :p I know the one event I made it out to I'm pretty sure your car was fastest by a longshot. I need to get another ride in that beast now that it's had a few upgrades.

I'm still not sure if I'll be able to do this one yet or not.

Z33_Taxi 05-20-2010 06:23 PM

any1 have a extra helmet or know where I can buy a cheapish one

SlammedScort 05-20-2010 06:46 PM

So this is open to spectators now or just someone riding with a participant?

BTKeck 05-22-2010 06:12 AM

Great! Now I just need to get a car in time...I'll try to have one ready by then.