Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

dragva only autox?

Old 01-15-2003, 08:12 PM
co driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd
Default dragva only autox?

i've heard this idea thrown around a little bit, so i'll give it some light. what do you think about a dragva members only autox. maybe have it when the weather is nice, and the main goal being getting all the draggers to come out and see what it's like. I'd probably talk to greg about this, to see if we can use pungo and get together all the BS paperwork. it'd be really nice to use the ACU-4, but i'm not sure about how the authority works w/ that, and chad would have to supply that information. anyways, what do y'all think.
Old 01-15-2003, 08:18 PM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

sounds cool to me
Old 01-16-2003, 04:02 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I've thought about this before, and I do think it would be a very cool idea.

Maybe if we have one my car will get a little more respect around here!!!
Old 01-16-2003, 07:49 AM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

this is the thread in general discussion.
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...&threadid=4819

hype them up about it
Old 01-16-2003, 09:02 AM
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

well you heard my input at autox on sunday...i think we should get it together...and make it kinda like a dragva.com autox/bbq or somethin like that(kinda like gojira a while back cept with autox of course)
Old 01-16-2003, 09:12 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

We could make it kind of a car show too, that would bring in a lot of people.

Also, I think we should run with open class with just times, which would make it a little more fun so people can compare their times. Maybe just a "race tire" and "street tire" class or even classify cars by cylinders to make it kind of like a drag racing event.

Whatever we do I think we should make it a little different from normal events too make it more appealing to people that have never been before.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:21 AM
co driver

good idea brett. i'm not quite sure how we'd do that yet, but it can be openly discussed. or maybe we can set up the scoring two ways, a SCCA format, then our own custom format. i would use my gf's laptop to keep track of scores using the program i've written, print out results of heats, and up to date standings.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:27 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Axelerate
Maybe just a "race tire" and "street tire" class or even classify cars by cylinders to make it kind of like a drag racing event.
I can suggest all sorts of ways to run an autocross that makes the competition sort of a secondary thing. I have run ones where you try to match time (lowest differance between your first and last runs) or a mirror event where the courese is basically a loop of some sort and the two cars start about 180 degrees apart on the course and race at the same time back to where they started, or......

But I think something like this and promoted on dragva would be a good thing and stand a good chance of getting new blood into the sport. It might be better to approach TSCC about this than ODR just because of co-sanctioning hassles with SCCA national office.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:58 PM
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the idea of mixing it with some sort of car show. All it would take from the people putting it on is an area for the "show cars" to park, and maybe a few ropes and cones to keep out the other cars. It would bring out many people that are just somewhat interested. We would all want people to watch us right?

Another thought considering that the turnout would be smaller than is typical for a usual event would be to have a brief drivers school for the total novices in the morning. It would not be much more than how to follow the course and safety items. Then we could start the competition part about noonish.

If there are classes I would recommend something like "experienced" (those of us that have done it more than a few times), stock fwd, stock rwd, and modified with it being a sort of seat of the pants as to who goes in what class.

Just some ideas. I think this is a great idea. dragva could challenge hrracing or whatever they call it now...
Old 01-16-2003, 03:42 PM
I Race Cars

solo2cvc is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree about approaching a non-SCCA affliated club like TSCC or even BCC. The event would more than likely have to be at Pungo. I would still talk to all the club presidents to get some input on the best way to approach this. There are also liability issues that will need to be addressed.

Once those details are worked out, you can lay the ground work for the car classes. There are numerous ways you can do it. You could even find a way to do bracket racing having their time on the windshield.

If I enter my Honda, can I go in All Motor class?

Quick Reply: dragva only autox?