Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Does anyone race their Integra?

Old 01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
notched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colt45 will become famous soon enough
Default Does anyone race their Integra?

I was curious if anyone races their Integra/Honda and what series do they run? anyone in Nasa honda challenge? I want to start racing NASA but trying to decide which series to run. So far I am set on Spec Focus but wondering if it was cheaper to run hondas?
Old 01-29-2007, 12:14 PM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu
Default Re: Does anyone race their Integra?

What experience do you have?
Just asking because I know NASA won't let you out there without any previous track experience or training.
Hopefully cafcwest will pipe up, he knows what it's like to race an Integra.

Last edited by Niburu; 01-29-2007 at 12:16 PM.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:29 PM
notched

Originally Posted by Niburu
What experience do you have?
Just asking because I know NASA won't let you out there without any previous track experience or training.
Hopefully cafcwest will pipe up, he knows what it's like to race an Integra.
Thanks! to be clear, I hope to be doing HPDEs this year to get experience and a competition liscence.

I just want to know what direction to go when I am ready for the next step I've read up alot on Spec Focus and so far like it, but I am curious about racing hondas/Integras.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:45 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

I go to quite a bit of track events, mainly nasa events. And i think i have seen maybe 2 spec focuses. Honda challenge would prouble be alot cheaper and deffinatley more fun/competitive. Consider spec E30 as well.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet

I have done one NASA track event but have eight scheduled this year so I can acquire my race license ASAP. Anyway...back on topic. I am going to be going into Honda Challenge 4 with my EG Civic in '08. I like it because it is cheap dto get into, not spec Miata, and many different classes. I think Honda Challenge should be pretty fun. Look at all the different classes but concern yourself with HPDE's and then talk to guys there and decide where you want to go.

--Doug
Old 01-30-2007, 05:33 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

Originally Posted by Colt45
I was curious if anyone races their Integra/Honda and what series do they run? anyone in Nasa honda challenge? I want to start racing NASA but trying to decide which series to run. So far I am set on Spec Focus but wondering if it was cheaper to run hondas?
First of all its is way cheaper to buy a race car than to ever build one. If you have a nice safe street car take that to do a few HPDE's. Then you can decide what you want to do with the car or what class you want to race. IMO I would have a hard time buying or building a Spec Focus because there is noone running the class here in the mid-atlantic region. I have a 96 Integra RS that I know will never be a full blown race car but thats cool with me. Racing is a black hole in your wallet if you want to be competitive.

Here is a little food for thought for those who want to go "racing"

Building a car (Integra RS for HC H4)
Car: 3000
Suspension: 2000+ (shocks, springs, bushing, sway bars)
Wheels and tires: 1000 per set
Engine: 2000-4000 (mild-full prep)
Trans: 1500-3000 (rebuild with new diff and final drive installed)
Saftey: 3000-5000 (Seat, cage, steering wheel, fire suppresion, kil switch)

So on the low side thats $12500 to build the car plus a shit ton of your time. Now add your personal safety gear that will run you $1000-$2000 more.

Ryan Jenkins .RJ on Honda-Tech just sold his winning and well sorted car with all of this listed above for $9000. I am going to have that in my car by next year and it still wont be a "Race Car"

Also like Derek said Spec E30 is looking like a cool class too. It is way more budget oriented than any of the HC classes, well not H5. I think those cars can be bought or built from like 7000-10000. DRFTwizard and is father are running spec e30's and he has done quite well.

Last edited by vbspec; 01-30-2007 at 05:38 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:18 AM
notched

Thanks for all the good info so far, I ve been reading the NASA forums and other sites related to HC, I saw the ad for R.J. car on honda tech and it look real nice. I've seen a couple of fully built specfocus cars ranging from 7 to 9 grand and the series seems to be growing.

As far as HPDEs, I may use a SVT Focus, hence why I am thinking about SpecFocus but the competition in HC seems to be better. I am sure I'll be changing my mind as I go through HPDE this year.
Old 02-01-2007, 11:36 PM
-DMD-

DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard DRFTwizard

Originally Posted by vbspec
DRFTwizard and is father are running spec e30's and he has done quite well.

We are actually finishing up the second car in the next month. (fire supression system.) You can build a really nice spec e30 for somewhere in the $9000-$12000 range. I raced last season and had the time of my life. I started track events in a much much faster car (group 8 vintage 240z) and racing the e30 is more fun. Not to mention how much better a driver this class has made me. There are alot of really talented individuals racing in spec E30 and it makes you critique your driving everytime you race in order to get quicker. I would have to recommend it to anyone who wants to get into racing although if honda's are the way you want to go I know of couple of guys who really enjoy racing in NASA's honda challenge.
Old 02-02-2007, 06:26 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by DRFTwizard
We are actually finishing up the second car in the next month. (fire supression system.) You can build a really nice spec e30 for somewhere in the $9000-$12000 range. I raced last season and had the time of my life. I started track events in a much much faster car (group 8 vintage 240z) and racing the e30 is more fun. Not to mention how much better a driver this class has made me. There are alot of really talented individuals racing in spec E30 and it makes you critique your driving everytime you race in order to get quicker. I would have to recommend it to anyone who wants to get into racing although if honda's are the way you want to go I know of couple of guys who really enjoy racing in NASA's honda challenge.
My friend just got a E30 352i and i love it. I think i will be racing specE30 in the future.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:25 PM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

FYI, there were only 3 Spec Focus cars that showed up to Nationals, so you might not want to build a spec car for a class that might not be around long.

Quick Reply: Does anyone race their Integra?