Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Curious about Nissan 240sx (SOHC s13) competitiveness in scca GS solo2

Old 02-20-2003, 08:20 PM
DSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Curious about Nissan 240sx (SOHC s13) competitiveness in scca GS solo2

Anybody know how competitive a 90 (sohc) 240sx coupe would be in g-stock auto-x?
I may pick one up as a new toy for super cheap, and probably will regardless of it's competitiveness, but I'd like to know if (driven by a skilled driver) they're any good in GS.

Thx in advance,
DSC, who isn't a skilled driver...yet
Old 02-20-2003, 09:45 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

there is a very good driver in GS around here and richmond, Keith Marx. he drives a Celica GT on R-compounds, and not sure what else he has. i know he's always in top 10, usually top 5. if you got some r-compounds and knew how to control a drift effectively to your advantage, i'm sure you could be competive. i'm assuming the 240sx (2.4L 6 cyl right??) should have a little bit of torque.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:59 PM
DSC

DSC is an unknown quantity at this point

2.4L rwd 4 banger, good amount of torque but no top end...tho I guess thats not bad for auto-x.
~145hp ~150tq at the crank...prolly a good bit less after 12 years on the motor.

I didn't realize you could use R-compounds in GS, cool. Guess when they say as long as it has tread and DOT rating it's A ok, they mean it...
I'm not ready to use or spend money on R's yet, but good info

Do you guys ever see 240's out there or will I be alone?

Curious, what other types of cars are usually in the top 5?

Dave,
Who looks forward to coming in last place for a while

Last edited by DSC; 02-20-2003 at 10:33 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:34 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

top 5....me heh, normally Kienen Weber in a race only mustang, Tom Bleh in a very beastly 325is, Terry Baker has been doing good in his new 350Z, some dude in a vette.
Old 02-21-2003, 04:22 AM
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

There is one that comes out frequently. His name is Red Top on here and he's got a SR20DET swap and Silvia front end conversion, as well as other things. He is doing really well, but he is defeinetly not in stock class.

The cars do autox well and I don't know why we dont see more of them out and the torque defeinetly helps out autoxing. I've got a little bit myself.

Keep in mind you still can upgrade struts, air filter, exhaust, harnesses, and tires in the stock class. If you do come out there are plenty of Nissan guys out there like me! Hope to see you out there.
Old 02-21-2003, 11:34 AM
Formerly Shinobi....

RatedV is an unknown quantity at this point

Ima bring the S12 out for a sesion of devistation (on my part) I'll be in a modified class im positive just dont know what but i just want to do it for fun till I get the VG built for Comp. at VIR.....The KA24E Would be a great motor for Autocross its got lotsa torq.....And the S-Chassis is defiately proven solid......maybe even better to have an S13 than an S14......(Weight)
Old 10-12-2010, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Slomar Slomar Slomar Slomar Slomar Slomar
Default Re: Curious about Nissan 240sx (SOHC s13) competitiveness in scca GS solo2

back home i autocrossed my ka24e coupe and placed first in novice. Granted i only beat a miata, another 240, porsche 928, and an xrunner. If you know how to drift, you can do well in autocross because you know your cars limits and what situations it will and will not lose traction. I had a welded diff at the time and it was killing me around the slalom though i would recommend a viscous or 1.5 way lsd. the ka's powerband seems to work really well for tight courses though.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada
Default Re: Curious about Nissan 240sx (SOHC s13) competitiveness in scca GS solo2

Originally Posted by Slomar
back home i autocrossed my ka24e coupe and placed first in novice. Granted i only beat a miata, another 240, porsche 928, and an xrunner. If you know how to drift, you can do well in autocross because you know your cars limits and what situations it will and will not lose traction. I had a welded diff at the time and it was killing me around the slalom though i would recommend a viscous or 1.5 way lsd. the ka's powerband seems to work really well for tight courses though.
really? you bumped a 7 year old thread to say that? really?