Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

cleaning tires

Old 06-30-2004, 01:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz
Default cleaning tires

What is the best thing to use to clean the adhesive from the stickers off tires? I just got my Falkens and they were just wrapped in lots of packing tape and there is tape adhesive all over the tread and sidewalls. I heard using "a certain green substance" is a great way to "restore" aging tires but these are brand new and i just want to clean them. Would a deluted mixture of "a certain green substance" and water be alright to clean this stuff off or would it soften the tire and mess up the tread life? any suggestion? TIA

Last edited by killasoundz; 06-30-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:36 PM
Autocross Hack

Ed94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these partsEd94R is infamous around these parts
Default Re: cleaning tires

You could use some Hot Lap tire cleaner $$, or you can mount them and drive them around for a few days. The Falkens aren't as sensitive to heat cycles as "real" race rubber.

You let the secret out about simple green!!!

Ed
Old 06-30-2004, 03:28 PM
Registered Loser

maxQ is an unknown quantity at this point

I just head off to an empty parking lot and do a few figure 8s. Careful, though, the tire will be really slippery for the first few so make *SURE* there is nothing to run into.
Old 06-30-2004, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz killasoundz

would soap and water and a brush hurt it. i would just do the driving thing but they are for the celica and it only drives on and off the trailor and around the course.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:53 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Burnouts and donuts always work for me!