Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Autox Schools

Old 01-29-2008, 08:07 PM
VMSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oggy54 has disabled reputation
Default Autox Schools

Does anybody know about any autox schools that have been announced yet? I got my license in sept. and my dad told me i coudnt autox till this season and id like to learn a few things before i start.

btw im a VMSC member
Old 01-29-2008, 10:55 PM
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's
Default Re: Autox Schools

Originally Posted by oggy54
I got my license in sept. and my dad told me i coudnt autox till this season and id like to learn a few things before i start.
**shakes head in disappointment**

how old are you??
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 AM
VMSC

ummmm 16 what does that have to do with me looking for an autox school?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:51 AM
Yes I race a HONDA!!

vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec vbspec

No I dont think any schools have been anounced yet. And you can run with VMSC if thier insurance allows it. You may have to have a parent on site. Join www.autocross.us for more info in the 757 area. And check VMSC's site regularly.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:26 AM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

autocross events have people that are new drivers to pros participating. The few things that you'd like to learn before you start are learned from donig autocross.

Do a little research on teh internet and show your dad that it's completely safe. The only incident I've seen on the course is someone's suspension break from faulty parts.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:30 AM
Registered Member

D_Eclipse9916 has disabled reputation

There are incidents that happen, but they do rarely happen (ie flipped corvette).

Depending on where you are located there are a bunch of schools. I see you are located in Short Pump, look at BRR-SCCA and NASAX Mid-atlantic (does VMP events)
Old 01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
VMSC

my dad is the past president of VMSC and been autox for 7 years, its just his rule that i need experince behind the wheel before i started racing

btw thanks for the input
Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

I started autoxing when i was 15, didn't go to an autox school. Just got out there and did it. Had some good teachers though.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:56 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by NismoSE-R
I started autoxing when i was 15, didn't go to an autox school. Just got out there and did it. Had some good teachers though.
why am i not suprised?

but to the op, you should look into "performance driving" schools, that might help, and what i know some of my friends do is go backroad driving, i.e- pungo runs, great practice for some real time twisty roads, but do it later at night with less chance of pedestrians
Old 01-30-2008, 06:58 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

I think there's a VMSC autoX school one Saturday at RIR/RRC in April... but don't quote me on that.

The real deal autoX school is Evolution. NASA-MA hosts one each year at VMP - not sure when this year's one will be, but we'll announce it in the next few months. http://www.autocross.com/evolution

Also, at regular NASA-MA autocrosses, we provide instructors for novices as an added bonus. Something to think about... our events are like mini schools in some ways. Next one is Sun Feb 10 @ VMP... http://www.nasaracing.net/autox.htm

Quick Reply: Autox Schools