Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

auto x/ road racing

Old 04-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Hi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be
Default auto x/ road racing

I am starting to get into the road racing, just going in a straight line(drag racing) is starting to get boring. LOL. I don't know too much bout it tho. What kinda requirments are there?? Do I have to have like some type of racing licence?? also, I have a 93 integra. would that be a good car to race?? Also, any events around here that I can go to, I haven't seen to many in the event section. btw I'm in Va Beach. thanks in advance!!!

EDIT: What should be done to my DA to put down a good time?? Suspension??

Last edited by Integra2Be; 05-09-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:09 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Re: auto x/ road racing

Check out the Track event dates thread. Those organizations listed, all run HPDE events. All you need for HPDE is a car that passes the tech inspection and a helmet. Closest tracks are VIR in Danville, and Summit Point in the panhandle of West Virginia. VIR is about 3 hours away, Summit about 4.5 hours. You get put on the track with an instructor, and there is also class room education on driving.

Auto-x they do on Little Creek base and out in Pungo once or twice a month. Same requirements, a car that passes inspection and a helmet.

Auto-x is gonna be a lot cheaper($25-30) than HPDEs($350-400). I suggest going out an doing an auto-x first, as its a lot cheaper, and the room for error is greater. Its a parking lot with cones, no real way to damage your car unless you do something horribly wrong. If money isn't a big issue, and you can spend the money for an HPDE, sign up and have some fun. Be prepared to spend $500+ including hotel and gas. I spent more than that my first time, but I also bought things I didn't need but wanted. If you've got a decent set of tires, decent brake pads, and some decent brake fluid, you're all set.

Hopefully people like vbspec, Axelerate, getfast and the rest can come in and give you more info.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:13 PM
Hi

Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be Integra2Be

thanks bro!
what are good tires and a rim size??
with the tech inspection, what do they look for??
does it have to be street legal? can we have lots of mods??
Old 04-22-2009, 02:02 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Tech inspection is about safety. Making sure your car is safe to go out on track and won't fall apart or endanger anyone else.

Any decent street tire will be good. You don't need to worry about getting new rims, just get decent tires on your stock wheels or whatever you've got. You don't need any special tire, but something atleast a little grippy would be nice. Azenis, Dunlop Star Specs, Kuhmo Ecsta XS, and others in that category would be as good of a tire as I'd get for starting out. Even a lot of people with lots of track experience run those tires.

Your car doesn't have to be street legal, and you can have all the mods in the world. I'd suggest going out with a fairly stock car to start with. You aren't gonna want something with a fully built motor, Motons, and R comps. Stock gives you lots of room for error and helps with the learning curve.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:30 PM
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Ive done a quite a few AutoX's and they are a blast, next on the list for us is to try out VIR.

I finally got my girl to do a AutoX in her bone stock 95 Integra with bobo tires .... and she absolutly loved it. Obviously having some suspension mods and better tires she would of been a little bit faster ..... but she wasnt the slowest out there.

check out www.tidewatersportscarclub.com

When registration opens up ..... its prob be wise to sign up, it fills up very fast.

ACU-4 is the biggest AutoX on the eastcoast (from what im told) and everyone is more than willing to help out the new people. A guy jumped in with my girl for her first two runs to help her navigate the course.
Old 04-22-2009, 02:55 PM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Start here http://www.autocross.us/forums/index.php?showtopic=4530

It's smaller than the ACU-4 events, and you will meet most of the local guys. Never be afraid to ask "hey it's my first event, what do I do?" It's in Pungo at the old coast gaurd base.
Old 04-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

For tech, you will need to clean out the car and remove all things that will fly around including the floormats. Your battery needs to be secured tight, your wheels need all the lugs on and tight. No loose suspension items like tie rods or ball joints, and no tires with cords showing. Make sure your brake fluid level is up to par, and there are no fluid leaks anywhere on the car. Do all that and your set!
Old 04-22-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi

I think I've been to the pungo place, for the drift events.
and I've seen some auto videos on YouTube. LOL.
and what in ment by rim size, would 17s be to big??
should I get like 15s??
Old 04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

you don't need to change the rim size, run what you brung is the deal. If you have a lot of mods, you will be placed in a faster class and your handicap won't be so big. But make sure you sign up as a Novice and you will be placed with all the other Newbies...
Old 05-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Hi

bump

Quick Reply: auto x/ road racing