Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

auto x questions. serious questions

Old 10-19-2009, 06:23 PM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: auto x questions. serious questions

Originally Posted by captainsperry
ok i can deal... i want to watch some before a do. and maybe talk to you guys there with some key points i should know. on the 22nd how much is it to get in?
Free to watch, bring a parent or legal guardian, prepare to sign two waivers. Maybe even go for some rides

Home page for that series of events, with links to all sorts of info and videos: http://www.get-fast.net/nasacross
Old 10-19-2009, 06:31 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Originally Posted by getfast
Literally every time it rains in Richmond, someone stuffs a car into a wall on 195 between 64/95 and the Broad Street bridge. Usually it's a car with blown original suspension and/or bad tires and they're going too fast for conditions, hit one of the expansion joint areas and feel the car start to wiggle and feed in handfuls of steering, which puts them sideways, or even headfirst, into a concrete wall. You think that's really an accident? It's 100% avoidable. Come out to drive at one of these events and start discovering why.
Cliffs notes: people don't lose control of their cars, they give it up. These events can help you understand how/why, and keep it from happening to you, in theory, if you want to learn and have a blast in the process.

At least that's how to sell it to your parent or legal guardian
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM
VintageGashHunter

captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry

is it bad my car has no aftermarket suspension besides engalls camber kit? its a 2003 civic si ep3. i have skunk 2 lowering springs just not on it
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
ermahgerd

bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada

is it bad my car has no aftermarket suspension besides engalls camber kit? its a 2003 civic si ep3. i have skunk 2 lowering springs just not on it
no dude its actually better that you dont have anything upgraded on it. you will be able to learn exactly how to drive a car to its fullest potential.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
at the track today?

Keep it stock or as close to stock as possible, the car isn't the limiting factor at first... and don't put the springs on until you have proper dampers (shocks/struts) to go with 'em. Also why does it need a camber kit if it's not modified, is it wrecked/bent underneath?

Last edited by getfast; 10-19-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:42 PM
at the track today?

This is how the car will handle... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Understeer

The more you mess with stuff the more it could go the opposite way... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oversteer

Neither are particularly good for going fast, but in a FWD car as you are learning to drive, you want the first one.

So keep it stock.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
VintageGashHunter

captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry

no i guess the dude that had it before me put them on. i bought it from a toyota dealership and it had a few goodies with it. that , password jdm battery relocator kit. oddessy battery. and i think a light weight flywheel. i looked a video of the circuitcross. that what i think i would be interested in
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM
cameron chaos

issues135 can only hope to improve

ive wanted to get into road course racing instead of drag racing it seems like fun
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM
VintageGashHunter

Originally Posted by issues135
ive wanted to get into road course racing instead of drag racing it seems like fun
agreed cars have steering for a reason
Old 10-19-2009, 06:54 PM
at the track today?

no i guess the dude that had it before me put them on. i bought it from a toyota dealership and it had a few goodies with it. that , password jdm battery relocator kit. oddessy battery. and i think a light weight flywheel. i looked a video of the circuitcross. that what i think i would be interested in
Next one is, tentatively, third weekend in Feb 2010. C'mon out

Quick Reply: auto x questions. serious questions