Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

auto-x and insurance

Old 01-20-2003, 10:07 AM
i probably hate you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts
Default auto-x and insurance

My insurance company (State Farm) will drop me if I auto-x. How gay is that?
Old 01-20-2003, 12:23 PM
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't tell them and dont claim any damage (this is unlikely) that occurs out there. Problem solved.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:13 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

why is that? autocrossing isn't racing according to the SCCA. it's competition.
Old 01-20-2003, 04:51 PM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

the problem is my mom
Old 01-20-2003, 06:07 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by Mr.2
the problem is my mom
is it her car or yours? Your policy or hers? If any of those are answered hers then you're screwed.
Old 01-20-2003, 06:10 PM
i probably hate you

my car, under her policy
Old 01-20-2003, 09:27 PM
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

my isurance, nationwide, charges more if you race it i believe, i was at the office the other day inquiring about adding another car on my plan.

"I'm getting another car to drive, so I can just race this one," I say. She says, "don't tell me that, I didn't hear it " I'm like, "hear what?"

so i dunno. just keep your mouth shut
Old 01-21-2003, 02:53 PM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

oh. sheesh.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:39 AM

turbochad is an unknown quantity at this point

USAA views autocross as "driver improvement". It's not racing, you are not running against other cars or the clock. The clock is there to gauge YOUR skills and give an accurate method in which to guage your skill level and/or improvements. That's how I explained it to USAA and they said "have a nice day mr merritt". My talon is my toy now, so I have just liability on it since on paper it's not worth shit.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:51 AM
Cone Killer

Eric16v is an unknown quantity at this point

State Farm considers it competition even though you are by yourself. Now, if you goto a driver school at a race track, then you insurance has to cover you since it is driver improvement and a liscensed school.

Something to think about.

Quick Reply: auto-x and insurance