Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

02.22.2009 [Circuitschool/Circuitcross #1] VIR - Patriot Course

Old 02-09-2009, 08:19 PM
at the track today?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast
Default Re: 02.22.2009 [Circuitschool/Circuitcross #1] VIR - Patriot Course

Originally Posted by Strife
Hey, If two people are in two different heats, can they use the same car? I didn't want this to be a problem, cause we both have to take the morning class for beginners. please let me know, thanks!
Yes. Different heats = no problem sharing a car. You would need to enter your heat requests in the "transponder number" section of your entries when you pre-register. Or if you have already pre-registered, just email the heat requests to nasa-x (at) get-fast.net.

You can also share a car for the morning school. The only time it would be an issue is during the recon laps behind the pace car, and we will stop in the middle so people can switch cars/drivers as necessary.

Thanks for asking,

Jon
Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
at the track today?

getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast getfast

Originally Posted by Saavedro88
Well Dammit, I'm pretty much planning on going at this point... If I can get the money... School for half a day every day really eats into the money making abilities...

God I'm so nervous... I don't even know how to sign up...
Keep in mind, pre-registration is mandatory for this one, there will be no 'show up that morning and pay' like we offer at the autocrosses. You will also need to get a pre-tech done in advance unless you feel like paying an extra $50 that day and possibly missing track time.

Pre-reg will be open until at least noon on the Thursday prior, but probably longer, unless it fills up before then.

Signing up is easy. You will need a login and password with nasaproracing.com (free for nonmembers) from here:

https://secure.drivenasa.com/login

After you are logged in, click on the red "event registration" button at the top right of the screen, scroll down to event #819 under Mid Atlantic Autocross Region, click on it, read everything, then make your selections at the bottom and click 'submit'... from there it's just a typical online shopping cart deal.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:25 PM
at the track today?

Originally Posted by Al_P
how often do these occur? i wish i could make it but i have no tires to run on When is next time this or similar event will go down?
This exact kind of event (NASA Circuitschool/Circuitcross on VIR's Patriot course) will take place again on Sunday July 26.

Registration will open about two months prior from http://www.get-fast.net/nasacross
Old 02-10-2009, 04:19 AM
[OO=[___]=OO]

Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88 Saavedro88

Originally Posted by getfast
You will also need to get a pre-tech done in advance unless you feel like paying an extra $50 that day and possibly missing track time.
Where can I have this done? I've seen the fill-out form, but I didn't realize I needed to have it profesionally checked out...

I realize I need to preregister, but 115$ is a hell of a lot for me right now, so it all depends on whether or not I can get it...
Old 02-10-2009, 05:46 AM
at the track today?

Doesn't have to be a professional, just someone who knows what to look for. For instance I do 'em all the time for people here in Richmond, I'm doing two or three this Sunday in fact.

You can do the pre-tech yourself if you are 100% comfortable with that... all that matters is that SOMEONE QUALIFIED checks the car out and signs the sheet... in advance. We will quickly re-check the car at trackside tech that day.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Beach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to allBeach Cruiser is a name known to all

Hey Jon,

I'm thinking about coming up for the weekend and running. Can I run A6's on my car or is it limited to street tires? Also, since I did it last year (in the rain) and have about 20 autoX's do I need to go through the classroom?

Mills
Old 02-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Forcibly Repped

Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu Niburu

Originally Posted by Saavedro88
Where can I have this done? I've seen the fill-out form, but I didn't realize I needed to have it profesionally checked out...

I realize I need to preregister, but 115$ is a hell of a lot for me right now, so it all depends on whether or not I can get it...
Originally Posted by getfast
Doesn't have to be a professional, just someone who knows what to look for. For instance I do 'em all the time for people here in Richmond, I'm doing two or three this Sunday in fact.

You can do the pre-tech yourself if you are 100% comfortable with that... all that matters is that SOMEONE QUALIFIED checks the car out and signs the sheet... in advance. We will quickly re-check the car at trackside tech that day.
Jon, the car Saavedro has is my old black RX-7 (with a new engine with good coolant seals)

Saavedro just so you know the car has already done this circuitcross 3 times, so it's more experienced at it than you are, AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 02-10-2009, 07:40 AM
Do You Want More?

Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only Hondas_Only

how much to watch?
Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM
at the track today?

Originally Posted by Beach Cruiser
Hey Jon,

I'm thinking about coming up for the weekend and running. Can I run A6's on my car or is it limited to street tires? Also, since I did it last year (in the rain) and have about 20 autoX's do I need to go through the classroom?

Mills
Hey Mills, you can run the A6's and just do the afternoon portion (no morning school.)

Keep in mind though, you will need to pre-register, tentatively by noon Thu 2/19. We will not be set up to accept at-track registrations for this event.

Thanks,

Jon
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 AM
at the track today?

Originally Posted by Niburu
Jon, the car Saavedro has is my old black RX-7 (with a new engine with good coolant seals)

Saavedro just so you know the car has already done this circuitcross 3 times, so it's more experienced at it than you are, AHAHAHAHAHAHA
Ah yes, with the sparkly stripes!

Indeed that car has been through many tech inspections and never failed...

Quick Reply: 02.22.2009 [Circuitschool/Circuitcross #1] VIR - Patriot Course