Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Zc pistons in a single cam motor

Old 11-14-2007, 10:38 PM
Fresh Prince

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz
Default Zc pistons in a single cam motor

Hey everyone

My name is Quentin and im working working on a D-series motor with zc pistons. I read up on how to do this and the info gives me the the compression ratio of the a6,z6,y8 but the problem is im working with a d15b2. Will it still work or do i have to go with these bottom ends?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
JDM IS THE NEW RICER

zc_god has disabled reputation
Default Re: Zc pistons in a single cam motor

ur working with a d15 block, and using 1.6 liter pistons?
Old 11-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

i am also doin the same thing but i havew a z6 block and i am spraying on it
Old 11-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Fresh Prince

Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz Akanuggetz

Thats the only block i have but it looks like im going to have to get a y8 or a z6.

I read somewhere that if you do this that in an a6 you get a 11:0:1 compression, a z6 you get a 12:0:1 compression and a y8 12:6:1 compression. thats the only reason i wanted to do this.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:44 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

you can use them on the d15 block, they are the same bore 75mm. You'll need to use d15 rods, the big end bore is different between d16 and d15. There are a few guys running this setup on onecamonly.com

IIRC the d15 has a more ideal R/S ratio than the d16, so these pistons work out nicely in combination.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 AM
93 EG Hatch

tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch tempesthatch

i had a z6 with dohc zc pistons on z6 rods and full crower valve train and crower stg 2 cam make sure and i repeat make sure u resurface the block and the head and use arp headstuds and a good quality head gasket no some felpro one ( i never had good luck with them jmo) and i suggest arp rod bolts and make sure you properly torque the arp fasteners!!!! i went through about 3 headgaskets. my compression was up there when i did a comp check each cylinder was about 300 psi on average maybe higher my guage stopped at 300.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Akanuggetz
Hey everyone

My name is Quentin and im working working on a D-series motor with zc pistons. I read up on how to do this and the info gives me the the compression ratio of the a6,z6,y8 but the problem is im working with a d15b2. Will it still work or do i have to go with these bottom ends?
No, it will be fine. Wrist pin diameter is still the same. The problem is that the rod in a D15 is shorter so the final c/r isn't all that higher than stock.

http://www.carspower.ru/calccompd.html

^ Says 9.48:1 w/ stock HG. 10:1 w/ Y8 HG
Old 11-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kyle h.
you can use them on the d15 block, they are the same bore 75mm. You'll need to use d15 rods, the big end bore is different between d16 and d15. There are a few guys running this setup on onecamonly.com

IIRC the d15 has a more ideal R/S ratio than the d16, so these pistons work out nicely in combination.
You fail kyle...go clean your headliner.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:40 AM
fraggle rock

kyle h. will become famous soon enough

I'll clean your moms headliner!
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

I have always preferred the 1.5 over the 1.6 block. They can make power if you do them right.

Quick Reply: Zc pistons in a single cam motor