Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

ZC pistons in D16Z6

Old 06-07-2005, 10:10 AM
(@(% Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bhuies-10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow ZC pistons in D16Z6

I recently put ZC Pistons in My sohc d16z6 motor and i was just wondering if anyone else has done the same and how much Hp was gained and what problems they came across with lack of fuel and the compression difference!
Old 06-07-2005, 12:52 PM
All-Motor Street Car

JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ZC pistons in D16Z6

First off, that is some crazy compression! Somewhere close to 13.6:1. Do you have a stock HG on it? Is this actually running now? If so, do you hear any detonation?

My guess is that you are going to need to retard the ignition. Especially now that it's getting hotter outside. I have an LS/VTEC with 13.1:1 on pump gas right now, but I am also using AEM EMS and only 23 degrees of timing.

In my opinion, the compression is too high to run on the street with pump gas, and no engine management.

Last edited by JayDM; 06-07-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:57 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike
Default Re: ZC pistons in D16Z6

Aren't those the pistons and rods you bought from me? How's it running?