Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WTF happened??

Old 06-17-2006, 11:32 AM
DsM Bitch!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hexalot² has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTF happened??

sounds good pm me damnit!
Old 06-17-2006, 10:28 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

are you serious.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:29 PM
RIP Chris Schader

I'm the one who worked on the car, do you guys really think i dont know what i'm doing after how many times ive done this?? the timing was PERFECT and i always crank a motor over with a ratchet to double check (because they dont always stay timed when the belt is fully tightened after turning it over). when the car started the new timing belt got coated with oil from somewhere, who knows.. the timing side of the motor was so oily from a preexisting oil leak already. the car started running on 3 cyl, the number 4 spark plug was white and the rest were black so i thought about it being an ignition problem. then after putting the plugs back in it started up and then made a very nasty noise. pulled the valve cover and one of the roller rockers busted, so i figured bent valve. tried to line the timing back up with a ratchet and the crank was off a bit. jumped time, plain and simple.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:18 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by g S x
I'm the one who worked on the car, do you guys really think i dont know what i'm doing after how many times ive done this?? the timing was PERFECT and i always crank a motor over with a ratchet to double check (because they dont always stay timed when the belt is fully tightened after turning it over). when the car started the new timing belt got coated with oil from somewhere, who knows.. the timing side of the motor was so oily from a preexisting oil leak already. the car started running on 3 cyl, the number 4 spark plug was white and the rest were black so i thought about it being an ignition problem. then after putting the plugs back in it started up and then made a very nasty noise. pulled the valve cover and one of the roller rockers busted, so i figured bent valve. tried to line the timing back up with a ratchet and the crank was off a bit. jumped time, plain and simple.
ah, that makes some sense now. sorry bout my comments devon, I was only going off what was told by the thread starter.. made it sound like a totally different situation than it is. That makes a lot of sense now. I've seen oil leak over there take out timing belts many times. Belt gets oiled up then slips a few teeth on the sprocket. Based on the new evidence, I take back what I said. It is the owners fault for not addressing the oil leak that was there already. unfortunately, It's hard to see that shit coming, just have to live and learn those things from other people's misfortune. I've seen it happen before so I know any oil over there is a big deal.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:36 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by g S x
now that i know you did the work and what really happened i retract my previous statement
Old 06-18-2006, 04:21 AM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

It's amazing what user's reputation can do to a thread's atmosphere.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:06 AM
RIP Chris Schader

I did offer to help get the car fixed, but you insisted on junking the car and kicking many very large dents in it instead. My exact words were "You are basically paying me 600 to fix your car, so i will at least do the 600 worth of labor." You say "no its a lost cause, i dont want this peice of shit anymore." I'm sorry somthing like this happened but sometimes shit just happens unexpectably. I'll do whatever i can.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:28 AM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

damn DSMs....my plate should say "fck a DSM"
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by mark w
now that i know you did the work and what really happened i retract my previous statement

Ditto. I apologize.
Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 AM
DsM Bitch!

Hexalot² has disabled reputation

it becomes a lost cause when after i pay the 600 all of a sudden i need a new head and most likely a new block.. thats called a lost cause! I dont care for the laser and i never said it was your fault this happened.. in fact if you look I stated that you did know what you were doing. my exact words were "well obvisouly im out of money and cant pay for a new block, lets junk this piece"

Last edited by Hexalot²; 06-19-2006 at 03:17 AM.

Quick Reply: WTF happened??