Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wtf... broken studs

Old 12-18-2003, 04:36 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPRacing has disabled reputation

it all depends on your hub assembly justin. on my 92 GS Teg, i could hammer the studs in and out. on my 93 LS, i can only do that on the rear. the fronts have to be pressed in
Old 12-19-2003, 05:43 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

ehhh fricken $85 @ Tread Quarters...

I wish I had time, I woulda done it myself. I have to work from 9-3 today and it was a necessity, not a want (obviously) so I went ahead and dropped it off this morning. =[

I don't like Tread Quarters anyway, they seem a little shady. Oh well, they're the closest place to my work. They said they might not be able to have it done by 3, too... how long should it take them?

Old 12-19-2003, 05:57 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

it is an easy fix. i replaced all of mine on the front on my gsr once just cuz they we crossed threaded a little. but you will need a slide hammer. that is why i like my corrado...that thing is well designed. my lugnuts are the studs.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:07 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

yea my Jetta was like that, they had lug bolts. I didn't like it as well though, you had to balance the wheel and I still cross threaded the lug bolts and couldn't even get my wheel off. I've had bad luck with wheels.
Old 12-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by Carter
yea my Jetta was like that, they had lug bolts. I didn't like it as well though, you had to balance the wheel and I still cross threaded the lug bolts and couldn't even get my wheel off. I've had bad luck with wheels.
damn i guess you do don't you. i check my wheels often though. i also bought the right sized dye's and clean my threads when they looked fucked up and i use anti seaze on them.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:27 AM

DelSilvia has disabled reputation
Default Re: wtf... broken studs

guys guys guys this is a 1$ part go to autozone or any place they all have wheel studs/lug nuts its 83˘ a piece man theres no way in hell id pay over 5$ for someone to do it all u gotta do is take the disc off, pound the old one out and pound/screw the new one in... i know this because it happened to my friends corsica like last week.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:34 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

WHAT THE FUCK!!! DUDE THIS IS OVER A YEAR OLD WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO BRING SOMETHING UP FOR THIS SHIT. LET IT BE. GET A LIFE. GET OFF DRAGVA FOR A MOMENT.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:57 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by DelSilvia
guys guys guys this is a 1$ part go to autozone or any place they all have wheel studs/lug nuts its 83˘ a piece man theres no way in hell id pay over 5$ for someone to do it all u gotta do is take the disc off, pound the old one out and pound/screw the new one in... i know this because it happened to my friends corsica like last week.
congradulations you fucking moron this thread is way old...
Old 02-18-2005, 10:52 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

I'd just like to third that. What an idiot you are.
Old 02-20-2005, 12:07 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

idiotic.....but i will have to say that studs are not a dollar part....

some are, but i did a set yesterday that were 11 bucks a pop....16 of them wasnt cheap.

but there needs to be a rule against bringing threads back from the dead.

Quick Reply: wtf... broken studs