Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

would like educated whp guess for my setup!!!

Old 01-30-2011, 05:46 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
droe2001 has disabled reputation
Default would like educated whp guess for my setup!!!

hi i have a 97 prelude base, it has a stock h22a4 at them moment, i have banked up a few bolt ons and such and would like to know what i can expect from what i have. anyone that can give an educated guess as to what kinda power i can expect after a tune would be appreciated. here is a list of the parts i have so far, i am still not 100% complete and i will also list the parts that are still in the works. fyi i am planning on an n/a build

the car has 120k on it and i am sure the motor is original, it doesnt smoke or anything to lead me to believe that my ringlands are in bad shape. also pulls strong stock

parts i have:

port and polished h22 head with all supertech internals including high comp. black nitride coated forged valves, springs, titanium retainers

custom ground stage 3+ all motor cams, the reason i say + is because the lift on these cams are larger than bc stage 3 cams

skunk2 pro series intake manifold

rc 440cc injectors

obx fuel pressure regulator

aem v2 prelude specific cold air intake

dc 4/2/1 header

skunk2 test pipe

skunk2 megapower exhaust system

obx aluminum underdrive pulley

parts i need:

aem fuel rail

70mm throttle body (skunk2)

p28 chipped ecu

odb2-odb1 conversion harness

255lph fuel pump

adjustable cam gears

i am keeping the bottom end stock until i find a new block i can sleeve and have machined then i will probably in the future run a turbo setup but that will probably be a good while. so i plan on sticking with n/a for a long time. so any help with something i might be missing that is need and any rough estimates of hp and whp would be great thanks for your time

later
Old 01-30-2011, 05:48 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: would like educated whp guess for my setup!!!

Originally Posted by droe2001
hi i have a 97 prelude base, it has a stock h22a4 at them moment, i have banked up a few bolt ons and such and would like to know what i can expect from what i have. anyone that can give an educated guess as to what kinda power i can expect after a tune would be appreciated. here is a list of the parts i have so far, i am still not 100% complete and i will also list the parts that are still in the works. fyi i am planning on an n/a build

the car has 120k on it and i am sure the motor is original, it doesnt smoke or anything to lead me to believe that my ringlands are in bad shape. also pulls strong stock

parts i have:

port and polished h22 head with all supertech internals including high comp. black nitride coated forged valves, springs, titanium retainers

custom ground stage 3+ all motor cams, the reason i say + is because the lift on these cams are larger than bc stage 3 cams

skunk2 pro series intake manifold

rc 440cc injectors

obx fuel pressure regulator

aem v2 prelude specific cold air intake

dc 4/2/1 header

skunk2 test pipe

skunk2 megapower exhaust system

obx aluminum underdrive pulley

parts i need:

aem fuel rail

70mm throttle body (skunk2)

p28 chipped ecu

odb2-odb1 conversion harness

255lph fuel pump

adjustable cam gears

i am keeping the bottom end stock until i find a new block i can sleeve and have machined then i will probably in the future run a turbo setup but that will probably be a good while. so i plan on sticking with n/a for a long time. so any help with something i might be missing that is need and any rough estimates of hp and whp would be great thanks for your time

later
quoted before you rage...
Old 01-30-2011, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

huh? lol
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM
Registered member

DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus DisturbedFocus

153whp

12.3wtq
Old 01-30-2011, 05:51 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

I may be wrong....but I think a stock piston and that big of a cam you will have piston valve contact..
Old 01-30-2011, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

how do you figure it would only be 153whp, the h22a4 is rated at 200 with drivetrain loss stock i would think it would be 160+ at the wheels, thats just my guess, would just like to know how i would lose power over stock, please explain your reasoning, haha
Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

piston valve clearence i thought about but didnt think there would be a problem with stock i was worried about a higher compression piston, i do plan on claying it before install though, im sure your probably right anything that can cost me more money is gonna show its ugly face
Old 01-30-2011, 05:56 PM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Jesus...pay $50, get dyno.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

aside from piston valve contact, there is no point in running a stage 3 cam on a stock piston in the first place. with a stage 3 all motor cam, you are going to need more compression
Old 01-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Registered Member

i plan on getting dyno tuned as soon as the dyno opens in bedford and they find a honda tuner that knows his shit, just asking for a few educated guesses, i guess lord humongous would have to be educated in order to participate in this one, sorry

Quick Reply: would like educated whp guess for my setup!!!