Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

won't shift out of park

Old 01-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these parts
Default won't shift out of park

I have a 99 teg. last night randomly it wouldn't shift out of park. still won't. i have to depress the emergency switch thing on the gearshift near the center console. it's an auto.

my brake lights do work so it's not the fuse. where should I go from here to fix the problem?
Old 01-04-2011, 08:43 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch
Default Re: won't shift out of park

Neutral Safety switch maybe? if i remember correctly that could be the issue, and how many problems are you going to have before you get rid of your car? you post a lot of tech talk threads...
Old 01-05-2011, 04:24 AM
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Neutral Safety switch maybe? if i remember correctly that could be the issue, and how many problems are you going to have before you get rid of your car? you post a lot of tech talk threads...
By that logic, I should just stop driving altogether.

Last edited by marlinspike; 01-05-2011 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:32 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

sure the brake lights still work? it's a 20a fuse, same as the horn. if your horn works, then the fuse is good. otherwise, that's the problem.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:36 AM
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

check the brake sensor switch if you don't hear a faint "click" when pressing the brake pedal. could be a wire hanging or the switch needs to be replaced. About $43 from the stealership, cheaper online.

Part #16 in this diagram.

Part # 36750-SR3-003
Old 01-05-2011, 04:37 AM
######

L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K L_U_C_K

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
Safety switch is most likely the issue.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:51 AM
Registered member

jdm2u has disabled reputation

brake switch
Old 01-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Registered member

dcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these partsdcninja757 is infamous around these parts

can I get to the brake switch from under the car near the gas/brake pedals or is it more complicated than that?
Old 01-05-2011, 07:19 AM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness

Originally Posted by Digital4N6
check the brake sensor switch if you don't hear a faint "click" when pressing the brake pedal. could be a wire hanging or the switch needs to be replaced. About $43 from the stealership, cheaper online.

Part #16 in this diagram.

Part # 36750-SR3-003
Originally Posted by dcninja757
can I get to the brake switch from under the car near the gas/brake pedals or is it more complicated than that?
I clicked this and look for #16 and could clearly see it's under the dash.... hmm...........
Old 01-05-2011, 08:25 AM
its just a website

couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped couped

thats the car saying why did you get me in automatic..

Quick Reply: won't shift out of park