Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wiring vtec

Old 11-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold
Default wiring vtec

so im converting my 94 accord lx non vtec to vtec im getting the new ecu but i have no clue where to put the wire into the plug for the ecu.....would it be easier to put a vtec button or is that just dumb? cause i was thinking of putting it under the gas pedal if i had to do it like that but would rather it just be like stock, so if you can please let me know

thanks,
gage
Old 11-01-2011, 03:24 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: wiring vtec

might try looking on rywire.com, they post some diagrams for various harness mods
Old 11-02-2011, 04:06 AM
Registered member

wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright wright

Holly shit I thought that google stopped giving out answers. I have to look it up for you to make sure that the world was not coming to an end.

This is via www.google.com

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/r...ecu_pinout.php

The next step is to look up your year to get the correct diagram.
Old 11-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Maybe a silly question, but you're using a VTEC head, right?
Old 11-02-2011, 05:53 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Stop with your information.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:33 AM
BROSCIENCE

DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy DwiZZy

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
+1
Old 11-03-2011, 07:32 PM
Registered Member

2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold2_slow_2_go is a splendid one to behold

yes, im using a vtec head its an all stock f22b vtec, i know its one wire to the ecu but i need to get the vtec dizzy, and ecu
Old 11-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's more than one wire to the ECU, there's also the VTEC pressure switch. Possibly a knock sensor wire too if the engine you were using didn't have one before.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

ok i found the pin out for the ecu vtec solenoid is bank a4 and the vps is bank d6, would it be smarter to tap into the ecu and run the wires directly there or get one of the little things people use that is by the shock tower? idk what that shock tower thing is or where i can get one
Old 11-12-2011, 07:48 AM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Run them into the ecu plugs. But if it were me I would have a subharness made. That way if you do pull the motor in the future you don't have to cut the wires and re-solder them

And I have no idea what you're talking about in regards to the "shock tower thing"

Quick Reply: wiring vtec