Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

wiring harness

Old 01-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Reppin The DOHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies
Default wiring harness

Well today I had had with my goddamn car pulsing. I have been trying to figure out what it was for about 2 hours now. I checked all my grounds, and i also ran a code tester and i pulled 5 codes. Both O2 sensors, Knock sensor, TPS sensor, and speed sensor. I replaced my speed sensor a while back cause my speedometer wasn't working and i was wondering why it was reading a bad code. Then I unplugged my o2 sensor and my speedo started to work, WTF. So im guessing I just have a bad wiring harness. Im also guessing thats why my car pulses too, so what Im asking is where could I find a wiring harness(other then the dealer) and what kind of price im looking at spending.

thanks
Old 01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: wiring harness

It would help if you tell us what kind of car are we talking about.....
Old 01-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

98 ex coupe
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

To be honest, it seems to be that you have a bad ground or a "shorted out circuit" somewhere. Have you checked for any blown fuses? Is it judt the neddle pulsing or is the motor itself pulsing?

Anyway, go to a junkyard. I just saw 2 96-98 civics at Pick-N-Pull 3 days ago. The motor harness was still there. Price, it cant be more than $50.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:52 PM
Reppin The DOHC

the WHOLE car pulses. motor, lights, heat, etc.....