VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   wire harness problem (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/wire-harness-problem-324194/)

fiveomike 12-13-2009 08:50 PM

wire harness problem

can u do away with the air intake temp. sensor? I have a 96 ls b18b non vtec swap into my 95 civic my stock engine harness does not have the plug for the air intake sensor what can i do to solve this?

johncarlito 12-13-2009 09:12 PM

Re: wire harness problem

:google:

Originally Posted by fiveomike (Post 5914206)
can u do away with the air intake temp. sensor? I have a 96 ls b18b non vtec swap into my 95 civic my stock engine harness does not have the plug for the air intake sensor what can i do to solve this?

find it cuz u need it! find out the pins at the ecu,(this is ,if you used your stock civic harness) look at the color to see if it in the engine harness ! if not u should at less find the wire in shock tower plugs on the passenger side .. and run your wire from there to the sensors>

Fabrik8 12-14-2009 04:15 AM

Your ECU runs off of a speed-density management strategy, which means it calculates air and fuel based on engine speed and air density. To calculate air density, you either need a MAF sensor or a MAP and intake air temp sensor (and Honda ECUs don't use a MAF obviously).
If you don't have an intake air temp sensor, all you'd be measuring is air pressure, and that doesn't tell you anything about the air density because the density is temperature dependent at any given pressure.

I could have just said no, but I wanted you to know why the answer is no. :D

That plug has to be there somewhere, and if someone has removed it then you need to add it back.

johncarlito 12-14-2009 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 5914557)
Your ECU runs off of a speed-density management strategy, which means it calculates air and fuel based on engine speed and air density. To calculate air density, you either need a MAF sensor or a MAP and intake air temp sensor (and Honda ECUs don't use a MAF obviously).
If you don't have an intake air temp sensor, all you'd be measuring is air pressure, and that doesn't tell you anything about the air density because the density is temperature dependent at any given pressure.

That plug has to be there somewhere, and if someone has removed it then you need to add it back.

damn vadriven at it's best!!lol!

jdm monkey 12-14-2009 06:08 PM

ture, unless he's running alpha-N

JB@RameyBuilt 12-14-2009 06:16 PM

:worship:

Fabrik8 is the man. If I could, I would +rep you.

johncarlito 12-14-2009 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by jdm monkey (Post 5917723)

yeah your right, but then again ,why would he?!

Fabrik8 12-14-2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by jdm monkey (Post 5917723)

That's so remote it isn't even worth mentioning.

jdm monkey 12-14-2009 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by johncarlito (Post 5917809)
yeah your right, but then again ,why would he?!

if he's running ITB's

Originally Posted by Fabrik8 (Post 5917845)
That's so remote it isn't even worth mentioning.

yeah, +rep tho. i would not have patience to help people but u do.

johncarlito 12-14-2009 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by jdm monkey (Post 5917886)
if he's running ITB's

yeah, +rep tho. i would not have patience to help people but u do.

once again i find myself at a pointless discussion !