Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Window switches

Old 05-24-2003, 02:20 PM
wharlgarbl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline
Default Window switches

i think mine is just loose and needs to be tightened but i can't my friggin door panel off and i don't wanna break the frickin thing....anyone have the tools to do it or want to come help me out???
Old 05-24-2003, 03:40 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

Ricky won't help?
Old 05-24-2003, 07:56 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by 0psi
Ricky won't help?
she never asked so what the fuck ever.........and its electrical, or the regulator is going bad, its not just a bolt that needs to be tightened..........

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 05-24-2003 at 07:59 PM.
Old 05-25-2003, 05:36 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

ricky your cars done. and its not detonation! i'll be calling you when i feel like getting off my ass.

late
Old 05-25-2003, 05:43 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

You just pull the door panel off. But do it carefully.
Old 05-27-2003, 11:52 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
...and its electrical, or the regulator is going bad, its not just a bolt that needs to be tightened..........
Uhhhh where is the regulator in a SWITCH?
Old 05-27-2003, 11:53 AM
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by SignfcntOthr
You just pull the door panel off. But do it carefully.
Or find the necessary screws and unscrew them...careful...some cars use metal clips to secure the door panel to the door frame.

Find a factory service manual.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:03 PM
No Name Who?

Ninety7GSX has disabled reputation

What is it doing now to make you think it needs to be tightened?

Your door panels aren't that hard to get off a few screws and some pop clips. Then usually you have to push upward to get the top out then pull it away. Just make sure you pull evenly and if it flexes move towards the flex and see if theres a screw or a possible pain in the ass clip.

Last edited by Ninety7GSX; 05-27-2003 at 05:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The switches are each a complete unit, the contacts inside are probably corroded or have deposits on them.. Also make sure there isn't any corrosion on the connector contacts that the switch unit plugs into..
Old 05-28-2003, 03:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by Josepi
Uhhhh where is the regulator in a SWITCH?

ehh, your right, its not in a switch, but it is controlled by the switch, i think the window regulator has fouled up somehow or the master switch has some kind of wire loose because somedays it does it and some days it doesnt, maybe the plug is fucked up, who knows, but oh well, she can do it her self........

Quick Reply: Window switches