Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Where is my oil going???

Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Doing work mofo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down
Default Where is my oil going???

I checked my oil about 2 weeks ago or maybe 3. It was almost 2 quarts low. I topped it back off and now I just had to add a quart. I can not find a leak coming from the motor. I never see it smoking, and the exhaust has no sign of grey smoke residue. Wonder where it is going?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:07 AM

Gustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Where is my oil going???

Year make and model please.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:11 AM
Doing work mofo

Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down Hammer Down

95 accord, bottom end was built (sleeved, rods, pistons.) And it is boosted if that helps??
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 AM
Tattoo man

93civicgone has disabled reputation

check the coolant, and the pvc
Old 09-20-2007, 04:20 AM
Registered Member

FourShizzle has disabled reputation

you mean pcv?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:23 AM
BOOBS>EVERTHING!

4drgsr 4drgsr

check you cam seals,back in the day there was a recall on those cars.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:17 AM

Gustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these partsGustav is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by 4drgsr
Yeah, what he said.
I am assuming you are not seeing any external oil leaks. Here is another scenario, 98 prelude (I know we are talking Accord here ) from the factory had a really hard chrome moly piston ring setup. And those bad boys would guzzle oil without smoking. Honda tech support said that the rings were made of such a hard metal that they never properly seated. Might be the problem you are having.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Doing work mofo

Originally Posted by 93civicgone
check the coolant, and the pvc
Both are fine.

Originally Posted by 4drgsr

Just replaced the cam seal not 500 miles ago. And all is well there.

Originally Posted by Gustav
Yeah, what he said.
I am assuming you are not seeing any external oil leaks. Here is another scenario, 98 prelude (I know we are talking Accord here ) from the factory had a really hard chrome moly piston ring setup. And those bad boys would guzzle oil without smoking. Honda tech support said that the rings were made of such a hard metal that they never properly seated. Might be the problem you are having.
I did a compression check and leak down test and with a first bump jumping to 120 and ofter 5 strokes it sits at 205-210 across the board. So with the Wiseco pistons and rings I could be burning the oil ? What would cause the rings not to seat other than just being made of chrome moly steel.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Registered Member

murphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these partsmurphy660 is infamous around these parts

rear main seal into trans?
Old 09-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Doing work mofo

havent looked there... Gotta drop the tranny to see that dont you. Or will it be coming from the bottom of the housing ?

Quick Reply: Where is my oil going???