Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

whats the best tune?

Old 03-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts
Default whats the best tune?

i just bought a 91 b16 crx and i wanted to know whats the best tune for it i wanna go all motor with this car so if any one knows any thing about it please let me know and if u have any thing for sale to tune it with please let me know k thanks for yalls help.
Old 03-24-2007, 02:20 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: whats the best tune?

Originally Posted by slowrex
i just bought a 91 b16 crx and i wanted to know whats the best tune for it i wanna go all motor with this car so if any one knows any thing about it please let me know and if u have any thing for sale to tune it with please let me know k thanks for yalls help.
Best tune?

Do you mean what mods to go with?
Old 03-24-2007, 02:52 PM
Registered Member

slowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these partsslowrex is infamous around these parts

ya
Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Banned

iBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugh.. I would suggest doing some research first. The most important mod for any car is knowledge. Google and the Search functions will be your best friends. I suppose we will need to know what aspirations you have for this car? Naturally aspirated - why? How much power do you intend on making?
Old 03-26-2007, 05:10 AM
Captain Deeeez Nutzz

b16 snatch has disabled reputation

You should set a goal for the car/motor and then find the best route there.

If your sticking with the b16 and want to pull as much power out as possible be prepared to spend some money.
Old 03-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Banned

iBoost is an unknown quantity at this point

Agreed. It sounds like you're a bit on the new side, so I would suggest a Tune-Up to get started. Get back as much free horsepower as you can (I'm assuming its got some miles on it). Then, take the typical novice route and go with Intake, Headers, Exhaust - STAY AWAY FROM E-BAY GENERIC.

While I'm not particularly knowledgable on Honda ECU's, I'm sure they aren't terribly unforgiving. After you open her up and get more air, get yourself a good, conservative tune. You'll notice a hefty increase in power and gas mileage.

At some point, you may consider lightening her up. Anything from a CF Hood and Lightweight Seats, to Removing the AC and Power Steering.

It all depends on what you plan on doing with it. I've seen Honda's (maybe 80% of them) done WRONG. Do things the smart way. Educate yourself. Ask people. Just don't Wash and Wax her, then throw a Turbo kit on it. Otherwise you'll be walking to the track. ;-)

Hope this helps!