Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

What Wheel Spacer size (trying to go flush)

Old 07-14-2009, 05:09 PM
mmmmmm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake
Default What Wheel Spacer size (trying to go flush)

I am trying to flush my "new" set of wheels on my celica. I have a list of measurements I just took and I am unsure if I did this right or not. I am also trying to figure out what tires I need but figure I will wait till I have spacers in to test out how the fitment will be. Then I will figure out what tire to wrap it with.

I have seen a celica running 19x8 +35 on the front and 19x9.5 +35 on the back with a fender roll and slight pull and it fit.

For celicas it seems the money size is 17x8 +35 for flush.

So here is my measurement list:

Currently I have 17x7 +40 with 225/45 R17 tires (all 4 wheels)
I have 1 inch spacing between the inside of my current tire and my strut housing.

I am trying to mount 17x8.5 +56 on the front and 17x9.5 +56 on the rear. From my measuring it seemed almost like I needed close to a 2inch spacer in the rear but that would definitely be alot lower than a +35. I figured I needed a 1 inch spacer in the front.

Anyone able to help me solve this issue. Anyone in NOVA have 5x100 to 5x120 or 5x4.5 adapters we could throw on and see how it flushes up? I'll buy you dinner or beer (if over 21).

Last edited by Harold_Fastwake; 07-14-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:25 PM
yaaat.

ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington ryanherington
Default Re: What Wheel Spacer size (trying to go flush)

the lower the offset number the closer the wheel will be to your fender. +56 is similar to a steelie and 0 is what most sportmaxes are.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:28 PM
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Originally Posted by ryanherington
the lower the offset number the closer the wheel will be to your fender. +56 is similar to a steelie and 0 is what most sportmaxes are.
I understand how offsets work. But I am struggling to make sure I have the right calculations done for get these flushed up. If they go over a bit I will just pull my fender out.

The biggest problem is most of the celica people are dumb as shit, stick to sucked in wheels and are 16 years old. Most of the how-tos and what not on their forum are written up by me. So this is my last hope.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

If my calculations are correct, you're going to want a 15mm spacer up front, and 20mm spacer out back to put you right about where the 19x8 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 wheels were at.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM
mmmmmm

Originally Posted by elambz
If my calculations are correct, you're going to want a 15mm spacer up front, and 20mm spacer out back to put you right about where the 19x8 +35 and 19x9.5 +35 wheels were at.
that is about what I am thinking. I am just worried about buying spacers which wont work and not being able to return them or really be able to sell them since the VW crowd isnt 5x100.

I am wondering about going with a slightly larger spacer than the 19x9.5 guy and pull my fender to adjust for the poke.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:54 PM
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Or, this is what jus_dubin would do: dump the fuck out of the car, space the fuck out of the wheels, and then make the body work around that. You can never fail with that method.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:01 PM
mmmmmm

Originally Posted by elambz
Or, this is what jus_dubin would do: dump the fuck out of the car, space the fuck out of the wheels, and then make the body work around that. You can never fail with that method.
car is dropped 1.5inches right now. I am budgeting my paycheck for coilovers. I would wait to take care of the wheels then but I am in need of new tires so this needs to be done ahead of time.

But yes, I am considering just going wider with spacers, then do the body work to make it right and dump the shit out of it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:25 PM
mmmmmm

Hmmm, I keep pondering going 25mm in the front and 33 in the rear. Which would allow me to order from Adapt It as a standard 1 inch front and 1.3 inch for the rear. This I believe will allow for my stock lugs to remain on the car and not have to worry about buying shorter ones.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

They make bolt on spacers from 15mm on up. As in you will not have to change your studs out.

You realize with 25mm and 33mm spacers you'll be running 9 +30 and 9.5 +23 right? Will the 9 +30 clear your inner suspension? The 9 +30 will be 15mms further in then your 7 +40, that's pretty significant. The 9 +30 will have 8mm less inner clearance then the 8 +35 and stick out another 18mms...agian pretty significant. If you don't have problems with running whatever camber is necessary and don't mind running a 205/40 on a 9J then you should be able to pull it off....you will definitely need coilovers though. The rear fitment will stick out 31mms more then a 8 +35.

Post some pictures of celicas with the 8 +35 and 9.5 set up.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:22 PM
mmmmmm

Well. With the 7in wheel I have just over 1inch of suck in from fender to outter tire. The rear has almost 2 inches. Now both front and rear have 1inch space from strut to inner tire. Which is why I figure running 15mm closer to strut will still allow clearance.

I have been wondering if the guy with 9.5 wide et35 is running a spacer that I am unaware of. Because that width should still only add half the needed fender sunkeness.

Quick Reply: What Wheel Spacer size (trying to go flush)