Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

water in motor

Old 08-26-2007, 10:37 AM
Reppin The DOHC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies
Default water in motor

so i was driving back home from school the other week and i managed to get caught in a huge rainstorm. I was 5 mins from my house and suddenly the car lost all power. Evert time i gave it gas it was really hesitant. So i got it home and turned the car off. When I popped the hood i checked the oil, the oil was milky white. So I guess i blew the headgasket. But the only thing is i have is a cold air intake and im thinkin i got water in the intake, because when i took the intake off and opened the throttle body water poured out. My question is wat should I look for when i take the head off , as far as water damage goes. And also if i got water in the motor is the motor goin to be less reliable in the future?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 AM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies
Default Re: water in motor

anybody have at least a cunt hair of information for me?
Old 08-26-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered Member

dansciol is an unknown quantity at this point

Before you pop the head off, might want to pull the plugs and blow any water out. and if possible drain the water out of the intake manifold.
check compression, and piston height on each cylinder. It's likely that at least one of the cylinders hydro locked and bent a connecting rod. If one piston is lower than the others at TDC, then a rod is bent. It wont run right like this.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:23 PM
Reppin The DOHC

well when i got it home and turned it off the first time, I let it sit for a minute and tried starting it again and it started right up by it still bogged when i gave it gas.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:50 PM
Too each his own

awdsixbolt has disabled reputation

like he said take out the plugs and try to start the car and shoot out the water and then do an oil change and flush out the oil system with oil cleaner,
i did the same thing in my talon about a year ago
Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 PM
VBA
R.I.P

VBA has disabled reputation

man everyone is running into water problems lately. just hope its not to late! i sucked up water into my engine last week and completly fucked my engine up! i was hopeing i only messed up the block but im pretty sure i bent a valve too.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:17 PM
VBA
R.I.P

VBA has disabled reputation

sorry double post
Old 08-27-2007, 09:07 AM
Reppin The DOHC

Well i took the head off today and the pistons looked ok. Nothing is bent but, the head gasket isn't blown. It just has oil all over it. What does that mean? Also the cylinder walls have oxidation, is there any way of getting that oxidation to go away.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Registered baller

maverick09 will become famous soon enough

After you put it together again I'm pretty sure oil system cleaners are designed to take a certain amount of that away. My advice would be to make sure your intake, intake manifold and everything is dry.. then see if it works like new. You may have also got some water in your exhaust... sooo gl with this man.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered baller

maverick09 will become famous soon enough

and get a bypass valve

Quick Reply: water in motor