Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK

Old 06-12-2006, 05:27 PM
AWD 8U

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1slowAWD has disabled reputation
Default WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK

OKAY SO I GOT A 95GSX AND THE TUBO IS BIGGER THAN A 14B BUT ITS GOT THE 34MM WASTEGATE LIKE ON A 14B , but the thing is i took the profec b out of my car cause it wouldnt let me raise or lower boost replaced it with a greddy manuel hooked up the vacum line to the nipple on the wastegate still has the same problems .....only 9-11 psi still , SO THEN I UNPLUGED the vacum line from the wastegate nipple to see if it would run 35 psi like it should with open wastegate and it only spiked 15 and 20 sometimes and when i get full throttle on it at like 4500 rpm's or 5500 its like it wants to lose boost and the car studders......but if i stay half throttle it pulls good with a little studder

now i do however still have stock exhaust with a cat converter and i was wondering if maybe that would be an issue witch i dont know why it would

but my guess is the wastegate is bad

if any1 can help me with ideas it would be greatly appreciated

also i checked for any boost leaks and i cheked it good and everything looks good NO LEAKS
Old 06-12-2006, 06:14 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of
Default Re: WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK

errr well, I would't recommend boosting 20 psi on the stock fuel pump/etc and with no way to tune it..

It's probaly pulling timing like a mofo b/c your detonating.

Turn the boost back down to below 15 psi...
Old 06-12-2006, 07:12 PM
Registered Member

hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Be careful dude, ur gonna blow your motor man, u can't just mess with this kinda stuff bro. 20psi is a lot of boost to be running when ur not tuning it at all.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:32 AM
Im in CA Now!!

TheBigShot is an unknown quantity at this point

what kinda of wastegate u got? can u replace the spring? id turn it all the way down at an see if it acts up. then slowley go from there. but then again..i hardly know what im talking about when it comes to turbos. :P
Old 06-13-2006, 05:22 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

He has an internal WG..
Old 06-13-2006, 05:37 AM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

either the wastegate actuator is bent/bad (i couldnt find the one i had) or the exhaust side of the turbo is cracked or theres a exhaust leak somewhere

Last edited by g S x; 06-13-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:50 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

You have a loose nut behind the wheel and under the hood. Fix that and your car will run right again.

At the rate you're going, you might want to start pricing new motors, and be prepared do build a couple. you can't jsut set boost to whatever. you need to build a car properly.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
You have a loose nut behind the wheel and under the hood. Fix that and your car will run right again.

At the rate you're going, you might want to start pricing new motors, and be prepared do build a couple. you can't jsut set boost to whatever. you need to build a car properly.
I have to say, your car looks very nice with those wheels/slicks

I wouldn't imagine he still has the BCIS intact?
Old 06-13-2006, 02:15 PM
AWD 8U

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy

WELL IT JUST SO HAPPENS THAT THE "problem" is that im not running unlimited boost .....i tried so i could test the wastegate ....and its only allowed me to get 15 psi 20 sometimes and trust me ive seen 20 on stock internals with my old eclipse and its still running today!

and ask around my car has been built properly
Old 06-13-2006, 02:33 PM
AWD 8U

ITS got plenty of fuel a 255 wlboro fp and a safc to tune it ive messed with the safc in any way imaginable and it still runs the same but its like im always on the rich side and if i lean it out it still does the same when i hook the maual boost controller back up on the wastegate it only allows the turbo to get 9-10 psi and it wont allow me to go up on boost or down with the manual BC but the only thing i could think of is that the wastegate is getting stuck , my spark plugs do need to be changed but the car seems fine when driving and idle , i do have a very hard to notice hairline crack in exhaust housing but nothing major you could barley notice it

Quick Reply: WASTEGATE PROBLEMS I THINK