Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?

Old 08-15-2009, 01:05 PM
Dogs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR BlackGsR
Default Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?

My problem is I have a 92 CX hatch (B20B turbo) and the guy who I got the car from wire tucked the harness through the wheel well on the passenger side.?!?? It has never caused a problem until now. The tire rubs against the harness and chews it up and caused the fan to blow fuses and the fuel pump will not turn on sometimes.

I have already reconnected every wire in the harness and taped it all up two times and now I'm getting tired of it and not driving it until the problem is fixed. I know most wire tucks are done through the fender.

The harness is chewed up once again and I would like to buy a whole new harness and have it the stock route or wire tucked correctly. What do I get? A stock EG harness? Does anyone have any tips for doing this the right way? Thanks in advance! Here are a couple pics of the B.S.
Attached Thumbnails Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?-harness.jpg   Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?-reded.jpg  
Old 08-15-2009, 01:09 PM
VAdriven Sponsor

RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt RameyBuilt
Default Re: Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?

man thats the half ass way to do it, it should have been done threw the pich weld where the fender bolts on, pm me ill help u out get it stright....
Old 08-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I hate when people hack their electrical system to bits. And then sell the car. I'm not a big fan of wire tucks, but if you're going to do it do it right and make sure to REALLY pay attention to detail.

The only thing worse than making wiring inaccessible is fucking up the wiring and THEN making it inaccessible.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

WOW. That's really half-ass lookin.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Wow, that's HORRIBLE.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:24 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

imo your best bet would be to pull out the harness that has been modified, repair it, and run it thru the correct location for a wire tuck. if it means making some wires longer then so be it. it shouldnt be that difficult to reroute it. sorry about your luck
Old 08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Passenger side's quite a bit easier to tuck, take off your fenders and find the plug on the inside of the engine bay near the firewall, Cut-insert-fish-soilder/shrink-enjoy

=win

Old 08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Your harness got NOM NOM NOM'd on! SHIT!
Old 08-19-2009, 05:42 PM

EGAS has disabled reputation

Hit up ramey he will get it looking right..
Old 08-19-2009, 05:43 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Passenger side's quite a bit easier to tuck, take off your fenders and find the plug on the inside of the engine bay near the firewall, Cut-insert-fish-soilder/shrink-enjoy

=win

I vote you to come do mine...

Quick Reply: Want to UN-WIRE TUCK?